~Chapter 21~

"Destiny...IS ALL!"

Cold...

Pain...

"(Y/-..WAKE U-..."

Who?...

"(Y/N)!"

Why am I...so cold...

"YOU NEED TO LIVE!"

Why...does it hurt?...

"8 DRAG-...FIGHT!"

What? 8 what?

"NOT ENOUGH....MORE SLAY-.."

What..is this heavy weight on my chest?...

"YOU NEED TO LEAVE HER! PROTECT THE PEOPLE!"

Protect the people? Protect them from what?

"It is time for you to wake up (Y/n), your guild needs you...the world needs you..."

-Third POV-

A dragon stood over the Fairytail guild, made of shadows. The lightning dragonslayer did his best at dodging it's attacks, but his magic was running low, as was his stamina. He jumped out of the way of yet another swipe of the shadow dragon's claw, landing clumsily on his feet and losing his balance. The shadow dragon opened his mouth, a swirling darkness forming at the back of its throat.

"I guess this is it. I only wish I had a little longer."

The dragonslayer chuckled bitterly, his gaze trained onto the ground as he awaited his death. He was far too exhausted at this point to try and dodge. It would be futile and pointless. He closed his eyes as the shadows grew quickly before him, a small smile on his face.

Nothing...

He opened his eyes to see the dragon looking behind him, it's magic attack stopped from pure terror.

Time seemed to freeze, all eyes drawn to the collapsed arena as a bright glow shined from within. The magic...it was slightly different...but definitely hers.

"(Y/n)...?"

All at once, the rubble was blown away, flying through the sky like shooting stars. Laxus covered his eyes, the light blinding everybody in proximity. The light died down and once the Lighting mage finally was able to look, he couldn't decide whether to be scared or amazed.

A giant beast emerged from within, a single step shaking the ground. It's tail swung out from beneath it, knocking over buildings and smashing everything in its path. We were lucky to be on the other side or else we would have been crushed in seconds. The monster was pure white and slightly bigger than the dragons. It opened its mouth to let out a loud roar,
It's fangs razor sharp and each the size of a fully grown human.

The beast whipped its head around till it's gaze landed on our guild, it's eyes flashing a brilliant crimson

The beast whipped its head around till it's gaze landed on our guild, it's eyes flashing a brilliant crimson. In mere seconds, the white beast was rushing towards their direction, seemingly being careful as to not step on anything or anyone. Laxus held his breath as the beast flew over him, it's focus on the dragon that was close to killing him seconds before. A familiar voice boomed across the city, reaching everybody's ears and momentarily stopping the all out battles.

"ILL KILL YOU!"

The beast locked it's jaws around the dragon's neck and pushed it to the ground with a deafening thud. Strong winds blew throughout the place, the people closest being blown back a few feet, which happened to be the Fairytail guild. Laxus could only stare in shock as the once transformation mage held the shadow dragon down, her jaws opened and threateningly hovering above the dragon's neck. Her eyes held fury and all at once, she clasped down onto the dragon's neck, a sickening crunch reaching his ears before the dragon fell limp. The beast stepped back and turned her head towards the guild gathered below her.

"I'll protect you..."

Then she was gone, her footsteps shaking the earth as she hurled herself towards two dragons standing in the distance.

-(Y/n)'s POV-

What is this feeling? It's as though...a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

I skidded to a halt and turned around, smashing my tail into the two dragons and knocking them to the side. I caught a glimpse of a familiar pair of twin dragonslayers on the ground before I launched myself at the two dragons who were still struggling to get up.

Blood...

I latched my jaw around one of their necks and snapped it, a red liquid coating my mouth and dripping from between my jaws.

Blood...

I lifted my claw and smashed it against the other's chest, crimson bursting out and covering my hand.

Blood...!

I lifted my head to see another dragon flying above, a dragon made of fire trying to latch onto its neck and two people standing on its back. I spot a male with a head of pink hair battling with a man with long white hair and black bangs.

(God, future rogue is so hot 😪)

I then see Natsu fall off the Dragon and that's when I sprung into action. I launched myself into the air and caught the boy with the only thing I could. My mouth. I was careful not to swallow him as I reached the ground, my landing having been really ungraceful. I wasted no time in hurling into the air just enough for my mouth to be level with the dragon and the man. I opened my mouth and out flew Natsu in a burst of flames, landing a punch on the long haired man. I would have made a comment about how badass it looked if I wasn't plummeting back to the ground. Over a large spike made from a crumbled building no less. I had no way of dodging the probable end of my life so I simply kept my gaze on Natsu who was making quick work of the man. I changed back into my human form as I fell from the sky, my (H/c) hair whipping around in all directions. The white haired male looked over the edge, his gaze landing on me.

'Rogue...I knew it was you...'

His eyes widened as he reached a hand towards me, his expression one of desperation and fright.

"NO!"

'This is how it ends huh? At least I managed to help...that's all that matters...'

I smiled softly, my focus shifting from Rogue to the sky. The once blue sky was splashed with brilliant oranges and reds from the sunset. A few tears escaped my eyes, twinkling in the sunlight like stars. An unbearable pain shot through my abdomen before my world went dark.

"(Y/N)!"

( If you're about to ask why she didn't just fly and save herself, it's because Wattpad deleted the previous photo so I had to change it. The other one didn't have wings. So just go with it for now )