~Chapter 14~

(As I said before, things like your hair colour and skin tone don't change with your forms)

~~~

I closed my eyes, the wind picking up and blowing around the area. A dark swirling mist formed around my body, my senses immediately starting to heighten.

'I can hear it...each beat of their hearts...every shuffle of their feet..yes...behind!'

I snapped my eyes open and turned around, swinging at the face of the attacker. My fist met skin, a groan following after. There on the ground lay a blond haired boy, almost a mustard yellow. My long tail swept along the ground, brushing against the stone walkway.

"O-One heck of a punch you got there.." the boy chuckled before disappearing.

"1..."

I flapped my wings and took off, keeping an eye out for more non-copies. I spotted Lyon and Gray facing each other, seemingly arguing about something.

"Sorry guys.."

I folded my wings and dive bombed, flipping over at the last second and kicking Lyon in the face. He skidded across the ground and faded away after looking at me with wide eyes.

"2..."

I turned my attention to Gray who already had ice covering his arms.

"Sorry Gray, but I have no intention of losing.."

"Don't be, I don't either! Ice geyser!" He smirked, sending a wave of ice at me. I flipped out of the way and held up my hand, purple flames bursting from my palm.

"Cremation..."

Gray made a wall of ice to block it, the steam limiting my sight. I growled, my eyes flashing in anger.

"Look at this! Two fairies for the picking!"

I hissed as a foot smashed into my head, Gray meeting the same fate. I glared up at Nullpuddimg as I faded, gritting my teeth at his cocky smirk. I got up once I appeared in another area, wiping the dirt from my mouth with the back of my hand.

"...1"

I jumped into the air, looking below me as a red haired girl popped out of the ground where I once was. I shot a ball of fire at her, cursing as she retreated back into the earth. I shivered at the sudden decrease in temperature, my warm breaths coming out in puffs of smoke.

'Must be the work of that Eve kid...what a pain..'

I landed back on the ground, sweeping my eyes over the area. I looked up as multiple beams of light shot out from a tall tower..no..a person standing on the tower. My body tensed as I focused on the one flying towards me. I slid my right foot back, turning my body to the right and slightly bending my knees.

'1'

I bent over, putting my hands on the ground in a running position. I straightened out my legs to lift my lower body in the air, my chest close to the ground.

'2'

The beam was right above me now, lighting up the area with a yellow glow. I exhaled slowly, another steamy breath blowing from between my lips.

'3'

I pushed myself forward with my arms and legs, using my wings as momentum to launch into the air upside down. The light crashed into the ground not even a second later, leaving a small crater in the stone pathway. I flipped over using my right hand and landed back on my hands and feet in a crouch.

"TIMES UP!"

I froze, my breath getting stuck in my throat.

"N-no...I only got one point..."

A dark purple magic circle formed below my shaking form, my body going back to its original state. The clones and the city disappeared, leaving only the 8 contestants which were spread out throughout the large arena. My eyes landed on Gray who looked just as devastated as I did, his black hair covering his face.

I pushed myself off the ground, keeping my head down.

"HAH! TYPICAL FAIRYTAIL! WHY EVEN BOTHER PARTICIPATING?!"

"JUST FORFEIT ALREADY! EVEN WITH TWO TEAMS YOU STILL SUCK!"

I bit my lip, clenching my fist so hard my nails pierced the soft skin of my palms, blood dripping from between my finger tips. I stalked back to my team, lost in my own raging thoughts. I could feel eyes burning into my form from all directions, the mocking shouts of the crowd engraving themselves into my head.   I pushed passed the 4 of my teammates without a word, ignoring the shouts of my name. I rounded the corner and stopped, a low animalistic growl emerging from my chest. I lifted my clenched fist and punched the wall, a small dent appearing in the stone structure.

"I'll show them...Fairytail will always be..the number one guild..." I glared in front of me, an unfamiliar feeling bursting in my chest. It was hot. Burning even. Pumping through my body and filling my very being.

'That's right my dearest (Y/n), show them how powerful you truly are...Do it for your master...'

I pulled my fist from the cracked wall, my anger washing away. I looked down at my bleeding hand, watching as the cuts steamed before disappearing. A blue flame danced in the centre of my palm before it died down. I snapped out of my trance and lowered my hand.

"Right, it's time to go watch the fights.."

I turned back the way I came, meeting up with my team who each pat my back or head, their encouraging words warming my heart.

~~~

-??? POV-

I watched as the (h/c) haired beauty disappeared back the way she came, leaving a dent in the wall as the only sign she was actually there. I made my way over to the damaged wall, running my hand over it.

'Oh my sweet (Y/n)..if I could, I would kill every single human who dare laugh at you...'