~Chapter 26~

(So much angst, Jesus. But anyway, it's time to move things along)

-2 years later-

I watched Harris leave the room with blood dripping down my neck for the 10th time that week. I slumped against the wall and stared down at the floor, the thought of dying acting more as a comfort than a threat. I couldn't even remember what it was that I wanted to fight to get back to. All of the hope and determination was drained from my body by none other than the vampire himself.

I sighed, picking myself off the floor and stumbling to the bathroom. I leaned against the sink, staring at my reflection in the mirror. There were heavy bags under my eyes and I was deathly pale. Harris treated me like a doll when I wasn't his blood bag. He forcibly washes and dresses me like his own little toy. It was sickening.

I frowned and grabbed a cloth, soaking it in warm water before proceeding to wipe away the blood from my neck. I made my way back to the comfort of my bed, tossing the cloth into the hamper on the way. I crawled under the covers and rested on my stomach, hugging one of the many fluffy pillows I had. I fell into a dreamless slumber shortly after.

~~~

"Wake up (Y/n)~"

I stirred in my sleep, slowly opening one eye to stare up into a pair of golden eyes. Harris pulled the covers from my body and held a box in front of my face.

"Now, are you going to dress yourself today or am I going to dress you?"

I stood up and gently took the box from him.

"It's alright, I'll do it.."

Harris grinned and exited the room.

"Don't take too long. Today is an important day!"

I didn't answer back, instead placing the box on my bed and lifting off the lid. I carefully lifted out a (c) dress and a pair of (heels/flats) to match.

I quickly slipped on the dress and the shoes, the fabric hugging my curves perfectly. I smoothened out the wrinkles and made my way to the living room where Harris sat in wait. I stood in front of him, my hands clasped in front of me.

"I am ready. If I may, can I ask where we are going?"

Harris stood up from the couch, straightening his tie.

"We are going to a party. It is New Years after all."

"New Years was 11 days ago..."

Harris either didn't hear me or chose to ignore my correction. Considering he was a Vampire, it was most likely the latter. I hooked my arm with his and allowed him to lead me out of the house and to the limousine. I sat quietly as we drove to our destination. As soon as we stopped Harris held out a (c) mask to me.

"It's a masquerade ball. Put this on."

I took the mask and placed it over my face before exiting the limo and walking arm in arm with Harris inside the large mansion. I stood to the side as Harris immediately left to go converse with a group of rich looking men. I quietly clicked my tongue in annoyance.

"Why did he bother bringing me along if he was going to leave right after?..."

I shook my head and sat myself down at an empty table, sweeping my eyes around the room. My gaze landed across the room on a guy at the food table, a blue winged cat hovering above him. They were both scarfing down food like their lives depended on it. My attention was then grabbed by two males sitting a few tables down from me. One had spiky blond hair and the other black hair with bangs that fell over his left eye. They were simply conversing with each other, slightly frowning and occasionally looking around the room. I gasped lightly as somebody bumped into my table, their hand pressing against the surface to keep it from falling.

"Wow, sorry about that." I looked up into the eyes of a...half naked man. I blinked slowly, waving him off.

"Don't worry about it..."

The man's eyes widened a fraction but before he could say anything a man with long black hair grabbed him and lead him away.

"H-Hey wait!" The shirtless man continued to protest as he was dragged away, his dark eyes flitting back to me.

"Is this seat taken?"

I looked to my side to see a man with blond hair gesturing to the seat opposite of me. He had a scar in the shape of a lightening bolt over his right eye. I shook my head.

"No, you can go ahead. It's not like my...date...is going to accompany me anytime soon."

I felt like throwing up after calling Harris my date. The man nodded and sat down, placing a pair of earphones on his head and closing his eyes. I turned my attention away from him and stood up, deciding to try my luck at finding the bathroom. I exited the brightly lit ballroom, the music becoming muffled as soon as the doors closed behind me.

~~~

I walked out of the bathroom and began to make my way back to the party. As I turned a corner I bumped into a hard chest, my mask falling to the floor on impact. A pair of large hands found their way to my waist to keep me from falling.

"Whoa, sorry about that. Are you okay?"

I looked up to see...

(ALRIGHT! THIS IS WHERE THE SEPARATE ENDINGS START! Sorry for taking so long to update. I was busy with school and stuff. I'll see you guys soon!)