~Chapter 20~

(Yes. It is here. The forth day. July 4th. My favourite day and my birthday)

~~~

"ONWARDS"

I giggled, standing on Laxus's shoulders and pointing forwards. The lighting dragon slayer simply groaned and kept walking, his hands unconsciously twitching at his sides, ready to catch you if you lost your balance.

"You're awfully cheerful today (Y/n)" Mira hummed, a soft smile on her face. I placed my hands on my hips, grinning down at her.

"Well of course! Today is such a beautiful day! Just look at it!" I gestured to the blue sky above us. Just then the sun emerged from behind a cloud, the bright rays hitting my sensitive eyes and eliciting a pain filled hiss from me. I shielded my face and instinctively took a step back, causing me to lose my footing and tumble off Laxus's back. Instead of crashing to the ground, a pair of muscular arms caught me and pulled me into their hard chest.

"You really need to stop sitting in dark rooms. People are gonna start spreading rumours that you're secretly a vampire"

I blinked and looked up, meeting Gajeel's dark red gaze which was twinkling with amusement. I sighed, relaxing in his arms and laying my head against his chest.

"But I need the lights off or I can't see my TV!" Gajeel simply shook his head and kept walking. We eventually reached the Arena and arrived at our balcony, me still being held by Gajeel. I lightly pat his chest, catching his attention.

"You can put me down now Gajeel."

"Oh, right.."

The male placed me on my feet and looked away. I skipped over to my usual spot on the railing and sat down, lightly swinging my legs.

"Aright! Welcome back wizard guilds to the Fourth day of the grand magic games! Naval Battle is our first event! Please choose your participants!"

I stood up and turned to smile at my team.

"I'll take this one! I hope you don't mind!"

I leaped off the balcony, landing safely and walking to the middle. I noticed Lucy a few feet away and smiled at her. She returned the gesture with a smile of her own before looking up. I did the same and noticed a giant ball of water floating above us.

'Oh, this is going to be fun...'

"This event is simple! The rules are:

-The participants must knock one another outside of the sphere, with points being awarded based on the order in which the players are eliminated.

-Falling out of the sphere results in the contestant being automatically removed from play for the rest of the event.

-The last person remaining in the sphere will be the victor, and receive top points.

-Any form of Magic or technique can be used to assist in knocking rival participants out.

-When only two participants remain in the ring, a special 5-minute timer will be set. Should one of the participants fall out of the sphere during this time, they will not receive second place, rather they will automatically come last.

Let's get this thing started!"

~~~

Inhale