~Chapter 19~

(Sorry Laxus, stealing your Thunder)

I sighed, stretching my arms over my head as I walked. I swung my arms out to my sides, ignoring how I almost wacked Gajeel in the face and instead letting a wide smile onto my face.

"Today is going to be a good day! I can feel it!"

Mira chuckled from behind me.

"If you feel it then it must be true~"

I ran up ahead and turned around, the others stopping a couple feet away.

"Let's do our best today and show them why Fairytail will always be number one!"

I giggled and spun around to continue my walk to the arena, leaving behind a smiling group of 4, 2 of them with a light pink dust on their cheeks.

~~~

I swung my legs off the railing, waiting for the first event to start. I hummed quietly to myself, looking around with an almost childlike curiosity. Most of the guilds had already arrived, we were only waiting on one which was Blue Pegasus. I tilted my head back to look at the sky, a flock of birds flying overhead. I strained my ears to pick up on their conversation, drowning out all other noises. I could only pick up a few things here and there, most of it too quiet.

"...t's.....ming....dar...energ...escape"

I furrowed my brows in confusion.

'Escape? What the hell is that suppose to mean?...why are they escaping?'

I was pulled out of my thoughts as my shoulder was nudged. I looked to see Cana standing beside me.

"(Y/n), the event is starting. I'm gonna take this one, ya?"

I blinked and gave her a pat on the shoulder, smiling gently.

"Do your best Cana, I believe in you!"

The card mage smiled crookedly, nodding back. Only then did I notice the heavy blush on her cheeks and how unsteady she looked on her feet. She was most definitely drunk right now. Before I could question her about it she was already off, stumbling down the corridor and to the Arena. I shook my head and turned back around, watching all the participants gather together.

I zoned out as the rules were getting explained, not really caring as long as Cana did her best. Something about 100 monsters and points? But it didn't really matter in the end considering Erza challenged and beat all 100 monsters by herself. Typical. I watched as the rest of the participants competed in getting the highest magic score on the MPF Finder.

Even though Cana was wasted, she still managed to break the machine, getting a score of 9999 and getting second place. I glared at the Obra guy from Raventail who placed last with a score of 4. Something was off about him...and I didn't like it. I sat quietly through the fights, lost in thought. I jumped as I saw my name appear on the large screen on front of us.

'(Y/n) (L/n) From Fairytail team B VS Alexei from Raventail'

I jumped off the balcony, landing on the ground in crouch. I stood up straight and walked to the centre, stopping a few feet away from Alexei. I silently glared at him, gritting my teeth. As soon as the announcer told us to start I jumped away, landing about ten metres from the guy. I froze as I felt a strange magic appear around us, looking around only to spot projections of myself and Alexei facing off. I backed away as my projection got knocked to the ground with a mere punch. I growled lowly and faced the real Alexei, glaring furiously.