~Chapter 22~

'It hurts...'

I slowly slid my eyes open, my mind foggy and disoriented. I was met with an unfamiliar beige ceiling, a crystal chandelier hanging from above.

I looked to my side, the first thing I took notice to was the glass of water resting on the nightstand next to me. I swallowed thickly, only then noticing how dry my mouth was. I lifted myself into an upright position and took the glass before downing the cool liquid in one go. I exhaled heavily, placing the glass back in its spot and taking in my surroundings. I was in a plain brown windowless room with only my bed, a nightstand, a mirror, and a wardrobe to furnish it. I spotted two doors in the room, one seemingly leading to another smaller room and the other leading outside of the room completely. I moved to get up, placing a hand over my stomach instinctively once I felt a dull ache. I placed my bare feet on the hardwood floor, a chill running up my spine once I made contact.

The last thing I could remember was falling...and then pain. Anything else was fuzzy and clouded, like there was a wall blocking me off from my memories. I sat there for who knows how long, searching my mind for anything else.

I could only recover one thing. And for some reason..an intense pain bloomed in my chest. I felt something trickle down my cheek. Another one following after it. I stood up and sat in front of the full body mirror, staring at the tears trickling down my face. Why? Why am I crying? The only memory I could recover was a single vision of a large group of people, each of them with a huge smile on their face. But the rest of their features were blurry, lost with the rest of my memories. I pressed my hand against the mirror and leaned forward to press my forehead against it.

'I'll find you...'

-Third POV-

As soon as the gate was destroyed, the dragons, dead and alive, all disappeared. There was no time to celebrate as almost everybody ran in the direction the (H/c) haired girl had fallen. Everybody stepped into the small clearing all at once only to see a cloaked figure holding the severely wounded girl. A puddle of blood had already formed around the two, all coming from the hole in the girl's stomach. Natsu stepped forward, glaring at the mysterious figure.

"Just what the hell do you think you're doing with (Y/n)?!"

The person chuckled lowly, giving away that this person was indeed male.

"I'm simply taking what is rightfully mine"

"Yours? What the hell is that suppose to mean?! (Y/n) belongs with Fairytail! With her family!"

"Ah~ how cute~ it appears you hold romantic feelings for this girl~ and you're not the only one~"

Natsu didn't retort, too much in shock to do anything.

"Well that's too bad, because she belongs to me~"

The man lifted the cloak from his head, revealing his face.

(Change eye colour)

His golden eyes held amusement as stared down at their faces.

"I'm sure we'll meet again wizards. But unfortunately for you, (Y/n) won't remember a thing when she wakes up~"

The man pulled the girl upwards, holding her up with an arm around her waist and a hand holding her chin and moving her head to the side, revealing her neck. Natsu tried to rush forward but was stopped by a forcefield. The man chuckled against the girl's neck, his eyes turning a bloody crimson.

"Her future...belongs to me now."

He opened his mouth, baring his sharp canines before sinking them into her skin. The only thing the wizards could do was watch in horror as the man drank from her neck. He pulled back and licked his blood stained lips before tilting her head more to put the bite on full view. Darkness crawled from the bite, forming a black ring around her neck before it disappeared, sinking into her skin.

"My poison runs through her body, linking her to me. (Y/n) (L/n) is my little pet now and there's nothing you can do to change that."

The man picked the girl up and moments later they were gone, leaving only a small puddle of blood in their place.

(HERE YOU GO! THE MAN ALL YOU GUYS WERE WAITING FOR!)