~Chapter 24~

(Short chapter alert)

"Only I can understand you, my dear (Y/n)"

~~~

I exhaled shakily, unable to tear my gaze away from his.

"N-No..."

I grit my teeth, slapping his hand away and stumbling back. I clenched my fists at my sides, pushing back the fright.

"NO! I'm NOTHING like you! I don't kidnap people and act as if I own them! YOU'RE THE MONSTER! NOT ME!"

Harris grabbed my wrist and spun me around to face the mirror hanging on the wall, keeping one hand around my waist and the other gripping roughly at my chin.

"That's funny, you sure do look the part~"

I stared into my own brightly glowing red eyes, my pupils shrinking into paper thin slits. My heart felt as though it stopped, distant memories of dozens of terrified people, each one with their focus on me. Or rather, on my eyes.

"No...They love me! My family loves me!"

Harris leaned down to my ear, his own eyes flashing crimson.

"Who's they?~"

The room turned red, thick crimson liquid oozing down the walls and pooling on the polished hardwood floors.

"T-They are...are..." My focus shifted from the walls back to the mirror and onto the two of us. Harris had blood staining around his mouth, his fangs on full display and glinting in the soft glow of the fireplace. My head was tilted to the side, revealing my blood covered neck. Two small holes were visible in the mess of blood, still dripping with my life liquid. A black ring circled around my neck, like a collar that was imbedded in my flesh. Harris gently ran his finger tips along the mark, his tongue flicking out to wet his lips.

"This mark means you belong to me and I plan to keep you for a very long time, my little pet~"

~~~

-Back with the wizards-

The Fairytail wizards had arrived back at Magnolia a week ago. The Dragonslayers had tried to catch your scent, but it was as though you had vanished into thin air. They had received their original guildhall back, but anybody that walked in could tell that everybody was deeply saddened, frustrated, or both. Barely anybody talked, and when they did they were usually discussing their beloved (H/c) haired wizard. They had even tried to hire a tracking wizard but to no prevail. You were gone. And it took a toll on everybody. No matter how hard they tried to distract themselves, at the end of the day their thoughts would often drift back to you and the light you radiated. It wasn't just Fairytail either.

Unknown to you, your presence lingered across Fiore. Your spirit shone brightly during the games, your raw determination and pure heart leaving an impact on every one you met. And for some,..strong romantic feelings.

Despite how terrible the world had treated you, and all the pain you went through, the warm smile on your face and the softness in your eyes always had a way of mesmerizing anybody who was lucky enough to see it.

Your spirit was the spark everybody needed to make an promise to themselves, and to you.

You linked together many people, their hearts beating as one and a single oath igniting a fire in their eyes.

"(Y/n)...I'll find you, even if it's the last thing I do!"