~Chapter 8~

"Hey guys, we're back!"

---

It felt as though my whole body shut down. I couldn't move as I watched a familiar pink haired dragon slayer walk into the guild. The rest of the Tenrou group walked in behind him, a couple of them bandaged while others were unharmed. They all looked exactly the same as they did before they left, each holding a wide smile on their faces.

My whole body trembled, my fists clenching and unclenching.

"How...why now?..." Tears blurred my vision, my hands gripping the thin fabric of my dress in tight fists. Natsu seemed to have noticed my presence and walked towards me. He stopped in front of my shivering form, his dark brown eyes staring down at me. I held my breath, keeping my head down.

"(Y/n), you've grown!" Natsu placed a hand on my head, ruffling my (H/c) locks. Before I could say anything, another hand reached passed me and slapped Natsu's hand away. I was pulled back into a hard chest, two large hands on my shoulders. I could already tell who it was by the way my whole body wanted to cringe in disgust.

"Hands off Master's pet, Fairy Scum~" Thibault sneered. Natsu's eyes widenened, his gaze flicking between Thibault and I.

"What are you talking about?" Another gruff voice spoke up. Gajeel.

Thibault lifted his left hand and grasped the small 'T' with his Index and middle finger. It took my whole being not to break his hand then and there as his cold digits brushed against my neck.

"You see this? This means that she belongs to us, Twilight Ogre. She was...I guess you could say a..monthly appeasement~" Thibault held a disgusting smirk on his face. I didn't dare look up, I could already feel the anger emitting from the Tenrou group in waves.

"(Y/n) doesn't belong to anybody! She's apart of Fairytail! Her real family!" Wendy spoke up, a hint of anger in her tone.

I came to a realization just then as shouts of agreement erupted throughout the small tavern. It wasn't Fairytail who had fallen to a pathetic state. No...it's always been me who was pathetic..

I grabbed Thibault's arm, using my weight to throw him over my shoulder. He crashed to the ground, surprise replacing his cocky smirk. I gripped the collar and tore it off, dropping it onto Thibault's chest.

"As if I'd ever consider myself property of Twilight Ogre..." I glared down at the man, baring my fangs at him with a low growl, "another word out of your disgusting mouth and I won't hesitate to slice your neck.." I held up my hand, a sharp dragon-like claw replacing my limb.

Thibault held a look of pure terror as he scrambled backwards. Him and his group left in a panicked mess, each practically bawling like a child. I lowered my hand, which was already back to normal, down to my side. I stared down at the torn collar laying at my feet in disgust.

Another hand swooped in and picked it off the floor, my eyes snapping up to see Natsu staring at it. Before I could say anything, a burst of flame erupted from his hand, burning the collar to ashes.
.
.
.
"I'm sorry..."

Natsu snapped his head up at my words.

"I'm sorry for giving up on you guys..and letting them keep me like a damn dog.." I grit my teeth, tears welling up in my eyes and spilling down my cheeks, "I'm sorry...for being so pathetic..."

A large hand placed itself on my head, my gaze locking with Gajeel's dark red orbs.

"It's okay. You were young and afraid. But look at you now, all grown up. Makes me kind of sad that I missed that.." Gajeel held a small bitter smile on his face as he continued to rub my head. A smile tugged at the corners of my lips, my eyes softening.

"It's alright Gajeel..I'm just glad you guys are back...all of you...welcome home.."