~Chapter 5~

"I'll always be with you"

---

I swung my legs lightly, playing with the sunny-side up egg in front of me. I poked the yellow part with my fork, watching as the yolk spilled out and surrounded half the egg. I furrowed my eyebrows and placed the fork down.

"What? You never had an egg before?"

I looked up to see a blonde girl sitting in front of me, her brown eyes twinkling with amusement. I bit my lip, shaking my head lightly.

"Mother never let me have stuff like this. I was only allowed bread and soup." I looked down at the egg again, the yolk already starting to harden. I jumped as a pair of arms wrapped around me, pulling me into their warm body.

"Thank goodness we got you out of there then right? Now you can try all the food you want!"

I looked up to see Natsu smiling down at me, his canines on full display. I turned around and stood up, staring at his sharp teeth. I grabbed his face, turning it slightly to get a better view.

"Looks like the runt's taken a liking to ya pinkie" Gajeel walked up to us, a small chuckle escaping him. I turned to Gajeel, a familiar set of canines in his smirk as well. I blinked, looking between the two before opening my mouth, willing an identical pair of fangs to grow. Gajeel burst out laughing, placing a heavy hand on my head.

"That's right kid, we are one in the same! Of course, I'm not as dumb as that salamander." Gajeel grinned.

"WHAT WAS THAT METAL HEAD?!" Natsu growled, fire erupting from his fists. I stepped back as the two butted heads, an aggressive aura surrounding them. I looked down at my own hands, clenching and unclenching my fists.

'Can I do that?'

"SHUT UP!"

I was startled out of my thoughts as Erza smashed Gajeel's and Natsu's head together.

"Now is not the time to be bickering. We need to leave for Tenrou soon!" Erza huffed, pinching the bridge of her nose in annoyance. I jumped off the bench and walked up to her, pulling on her blue skirt. She pulled her hand away from her face, her dark eyes meeting my own red ones. Her eyes widened in sudden realization.

"Oh! We never told you did we (Y/n). Well to put it simply, a select few of us are going to an island sacred to Fairytail to participate in the S-Class trails." Erza knelt down and softly pet my head.

"We won't be gone for long though. We'll be back before you know it." Erza smiled softly. I tilted my head, blinking a few times.

"Why can't I go?"

Erza sighed, standing up.

"Because we need you here to watch over the guildhall for us. Can you do that?"

I nodded my head, smiling widely.

"Of course! I'm a big girl! Protector (Y/n) is on duty!" I raised my hand to my forehead in a salute. The red head chuckled, patting my head again.

"Good. We're counting on you."

(Yikes, here you go!)