~Chapter 4~

I kept my head down as we got off the train, my bangs falling over my eyes and hiding them from curious gazes. I followed silently behind Gajeel, snow walking beside me. I could already feel the stares of many people around me, causing me to bow my head further. I lightly gasped as I bumped into Gajeel's back, only then noticing that everybody had stopped and was looking at me.

"Look at me" Gajeel spoke up, his voice stern but not demanding. I fiddled with the end of my dress, shaking my head. He repeated himself, a little louder this time. I bit the inside of my cheek nervously and slowly lifted my head to meet his gaze. He bent down to my height, placing a hand on my shoulder.

My eyes widened as I got a good look at his eyes. They weren't black like I previously thought, but a dark red. He had metal piercings around his face that gently shined in the sunlight. Gajeel took something out of his pocket before raising both his hands and fiddling with my bangs. When he pulled his hands away, my (h/c) hair stayed out of my face. I raised my hand to where he was messing with my locks, my fingers brushing against something cold that held my bangs in place.

Gajeel stood up, crossing his arms and smirking down at me.

"Much better. Now you don't look so scary kid." He slightly ruffled my hair, careful not to knock the clip out of place. "Now let's go, it's time to go home"

My blood turned cold as I took a step away from him, furiously shaking my head.

'Home? I don't want to go back to that woman! Not now, not ever. I'd rather live in the streets!'

Gajeel seemed to notice my distress. He placed a hand on my shoulder again, his dark red eyes staring calmly into mine.

"We are never bringing you back to that wretched woman. The home I'm talking about is with us, Fairytail. You're new family." My breath hitched, my eyes staring into his in shock. I looked behind him at the rest of the large group, each face wearing a smile. I felt something wet trail down my face and before I knew it, heavy tears were running down my cheeks. I wrapped my arms around Gajeel, hiding my tear stained face in his shoulder. I felt his hand on my back, his body slightly tense before relaxing as he rubbed slow circles on my back.

"Thank you..so much.." I whispered, my words shaky from my cries. Gajeel grabbed my shoulders and gently pushed me away. Another hand was placed on my head, ruffling my hair. I looked up and locked eyes with the pink haired male from earlier who I was informed was Natsu. He had a bright smile on his face as he picked me up and placed me on his shoulders. I wiped my tears away, a soft smile on my lips.

"Alright let's head home! I'm starving!" He pumped his fist in the air, his other hand holding onto my left leg.

"Aye!" A blue cat hovered above us, his white wings spread out. I grabbed the cat out of the air and examined him. He didn't look like snow at all. He was more like a plushie.

"You don't look like cat.." I mumbled, squishing his cheeks.

"That's because he's an exceed." A soft voice spoke up. I looked down to see a girl a few years older than me staring up at me. She had long dark blue hair and chocolate brown eyes.

"An exceed?" I blinked, turning my attention back to the blue cat-like creature.

"Yeah! His name is happy. There are two other exceeds in the fairytail guild as well. Their names are Carla and Pantherlily." The blue haired girl explained. "My name is Wendy by the way, I don't think I got yours."

I let happy go before focusing on the girl again.

"I'm (Y/n), it's nice to meet you, Wendy-San."

Wendy nodded, a timid closed eye smile appearing on her gentle features.

"Likewise (Y/n)-Chan."

---

It wasn't long before we arrived at a rather tall building. It looked to have about three stories. A sign hung above the door with the word "Fairytail" engraved into the wood. Natsu kicked open the door with his foot, causing the door to open with a loud bang.

"WE'RE BACK!" He exclaimed, walking inside. It seems he forgot I was on his shoulders as he entered, my head smacking against the top of the doorframe. I fell off his shoulders, my body tensing as I fell. Before I could hit the ground, a different pair of arms wrapped around me and held me against their chest.

"Natsu you idiot! She could have gotten hurt!" A deep voice yelled at the pink haired man. Natsu turned around with a slightly surprised face before his once concerned expression turned angry.

"THE HELL DID YOU SAY ICE PRINCESS?!" Natsu growled, bashing his forehead against this ice princess's head. I was pulled out from between the two bickering boys and placed on the ground. A man with black hair and dark grey eyes was matching Natsu's glare. He was half naked, revealing the guild mark tattoo on his chest. The woman with red hair stepped out from behind me, a dark aura surrounding her. The woman, Erza, grabbed both of their heads and bashed them together, leaving them groaning in pain on the floor.

I blinked, walking over and crouching next to Natsu. I poked his cheek, causing another groan to come from him. I stood up and turned around, taking in the happy faces around me. Everybody was laughing, either at the events that just took place or just with each other. Everybody here shared a special bond, one that connected each and every one of them.

A large smile tugged at my lips for the first time in awhile, small giggles following soon after.

'Is this what a true family is like, Master?'

(Ooh you see that? Who is Master? That's for me to know and you to wonder. Bye bye!)