Twenty

[Working on something with stumphed ... ]

"Please" Pete begged

"No" I repeated for the hundredth time since we got home. 

"Patrick please"

"Pete, stop" I said.  I stared at the tv in annoyance.  He tackled me down onto the couch. 

"Patrick" he groaned.

"Pete I'm not singing for your band, you know I'd do anything for you but, I don't feel comfortable singing.  I showed you my voice because, you accept me no matter what.  Other people don't" He frowned at me "I'm too insecure Pete" I sat him up "I'm sorry, you still love me right?"

"Yeah, I'm not gonna stop" he said.

"Me either" I said gently.  I hugged his neck and kissed his cheek.  "Don't leave me"

"I'll never leave you" He said.  I smiled a little "The shit I went through to get you, I love you too much to leave"

"I'm sorry" I whispered.

"For what?" He asked.

"Being impossible" I hugged him tightly "Pete, I think, maybe I could trying singing.  But, I just have never preformed.  And to preform in front of all those people"

"I get it" He whispered. 

"I could try singing for Joe and Andy" I said "But, I don't know"

"Only if you're comfortable with it" He said.  I made a weird face.  "I'm not forcing you into anything"

"Let me try"
-----
They forced me into the recording booth.  I looked around in confusion and probably fear.  Pete walked inside.

"So, what you're gonna do is put these headphones on, then you'll be able to hear the music, and us if we talk into the mic.  You sing into this mic. The lyrics are right in front of you, it's just like we practiced.  You know the song" Pete said.  I nodded slowly.  I walked over to the headset and put it over my ears.  Pete left and walked over to the mic with Joe and Andy who stared at me with their arms crossed.  I nervously adjusted the lyrics in front of me.  "Can you hear me?" Pete asked into the mic. 

"Yeah" I said.  He nodded.

"Playing the track" he said.  The music started up in the headphones.  I listened for a second and came in when I had to.  But, I didn't look at them.  I stared at the lyric sheet nervously.  When the track wad over I looked up at them.

"How was that?" I asked shakily.  Joe pressed the mic button.

"That was" He looked at Andy.  Andy nodded "That was fuckin awesome dude" I smiled widely "You're fuckin amazing"

"Now this time, can you look at us and try it?" Andy asked "Just so you get used to a crowd"

"Okay" I said.