Chapter 13

xX13Xx

I woke up finding that jack had left. I got up and dressed in my normal style but left my hair down. It floated down my back in dark Carmel colored strands reaching my lower back. I walked downstairs into the kitchen smiling. It was my birthday. I was now officially 16. Annie and jack were there with my dad, and the rest of the class. Even a couple of x men decided to wake up early. It was only 8 but they had put some streamers here and there and some balloons. Annie gave me a birthday muffin which was a chocolate chip muffin with sprinkles. "Happy birthday Nina!". We all sat down talking and eating breakfast. Around here we have birthday breakfast around 8 presents at ten and party from twelve to six. It was always fun. I sat at the table, eating my muffin, sitting with Annie on my right and jack on my left occasionally brushing his knee against mine. We all ate breakfast until nine. Some of us got up to set up the party. I was one of them. All the x men set it up. "Nina you don't have to set up your own party." Kurt said as we walked out back into the snow. "That's exactly why I have to do it. It's my party. It wouldn't feel right if I didn't help." He accepted my answer. I helped set up a couple tents and tables and cleared snow out from under them. we were all done by ten and back inside for presents. Everyone was awake and in the tv room. There were presents on the table everyone surrounding them.

"Open mine first!" Annie says handing me a purple box. I opened the lid and pulled out a giant plate of chocolate chip cookies. "Thank you! I looove your cookies!" I say giving her a hug. Next was the one from the class. From a silver sparkly bag I pulled out a sparkly wool scarf. "Aww thanks guys. I love it." I say putting it on and giving each of them a hug. Mike held on a couple seconds longer than what he should have. Then the professor handed me the present from the x men. I open the wrapped box and find a black uniform with purple seams. It was an x men uniform. "Oh my gosh thank you!" I went around giving each of them a hug. "Now you can go on all of our missions dressed as a proper x men!" Kitty said. "Seriously? All of them?." I say giving the professor a hug. "All of the ones you want." He said.

Then my dad handed me a small envelope. I was expecting money Like every year. I opened it and two small things fell into my hand. One was a new dog tag that said Silver Blade. "How did you know that's what I wanted my name to be?" I asked him. He shrugged "a friend of yours told me." I looked at the second item it was a small key. "It's out front." he said opening the door out. I walked out and down the front stairs sliding a bit on the ice and found a purple motorcycle with silver swirls. " No way. Did you seriously get this for me!?" I ask running to the bike. "It's all yours." I ran back to him and tackled him in a hug, and he lifted me off the ground. "Thank you daddy." I whispered in his ear. He set me down and I run back to the bike. "Thank you everyone for everything." I say. Turning to my dad. I'll b back by twelve." He nodded "jack! You coming!" I yell as he pushes through the small crowd of x men. I start up the bike and he jumps on behind me. I start off down the road and speed down the streets of westchester ny, jack hanging on. "What's this button do?" I wonder aloud. "No don't push the button!" Jack yells over the roaring wind. I push the button. Oops. It turns out the button was one of those speed button things. Jack wrapped his arms tightly around my stomach while I smile and snow hits my face. I love going fast. When we slowed down at the edge of some kind of forest, I park my bike on the edge of it, as jack stumbles around looking like he's going to puke. "That was fun wasn't it?" I say as he stumbles in my direction. I help support him. "Please never do that again. At least not when I'm with you." I lead him over to the edge of the forest and we sit down."I think I swallowed a bug." He said falling backwards into the snow. "Happy birthday, Nina." He says as I fall back and lay against his shoulder. "I still haven't given you your present." He said reaching into his coat pocket. "I told you I don't need a present" I say kissing his cheek. "But I already got you something." He unclipped my dog tags and I handed him the new dog tag to add. He slipped it on the chain. "Close your eyes for a sec." I obeyed as he put the chain back around my neck. "Can I open them now?" I ask.