Chapter 22

"Hey jack? What's today?" I asked sitting up. "December fourth." I shook him the rest of the way awake. "Come on its time to go. Come on or I'll drag you to the bike." He got up and brushed some snow off him. We all smartly slept in our clothes. I took his hand and dragged him to the bike where I helped him put on his jacket and helmet. "Come on Nina I can do it myself." He complained. "I know. I just like doing it for you." I say buttoning his jacket and then kissing his nose. I sat down by a tree and he sat next to me. The others were still half asleep as the moved around as slows as slugs. I turned a bit so my head was on his shoulder. He took his helmet off and put an arm around me. We sat like that for a minute or two. I leaned my head and said something softly. "What was that?" He said. I leaned in closer to his ear.

He laughed. "Yes I could imagine that. And you would be the cutest slug of us all." He said and we laughed.

I leaned up and kissed him and he kissed me back as I moved to his cheek and then neck. He kissed my face and I moved to sit on his lap. There was a rustling noise and then a voice. "Guys find a room or something. I just want to see my truck." It was Matt. Jack broke away and said, "this is a forest not a hotel." And went back to kissing me. Matt stalked away, probably determined to find a route to his truck that didn't have people making out. I could here my dads voice as he yelled at Mike to wake up. I could here him approaching. we stood up and i put my jacket on just as he burst through the trees. "You ready?" He asked and I nodded. He went back to the others. When i was sure he was gone i quickly kissed jack again. I mounted my bike and started it up as I heard the truck roar to life nearby. I started off towards the road hearing the truck behind me. We drove for a while, jack keeping me entertained with questions I could hardly hear. It was almost two when we stopped at a gas station for lunch. We were almost to the border and around three to four hours left of driving. We left the station and made it through security, having those Canadians search EVERYTHING we had on us. Soon it was getting dark and we were about an hour and a half away from home. That stupid security thing took up at least two hours. I was about to drop off the bike and jack could see that. It was dark, but bright enough that no one needed headlights yet. "Are you sure you don't want me to drive?" He asks. "Jack, you don't know how to drive a motorcycle." He instead tried to keep me awake by telling jokes that I still couldn't here. We were about forty minutes away driving at the pace we were now. I pulled over. My dad motioned them to keep going. He parked next to me and jack. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Sorry I'm just tired. I think I'm going to slow down a bit. N'k?" He looked at me weird. Jack looked questioning at him. "She gets a bit crazy when she's tired. Good luck." And with that he drove off to catch up with the others. When he's gone, I lay against jack, using his shoulder as a pillow. He wraps his arms around me and his hands rest against my stomach. I nuzzle my face into his neck and whisper "I love you fuzzy." He kisses my forehead and replies. "I love you too baby." Normally I would slap him, but I was too tired. So I just smiled into his neck as he kissed me.

"Shouldn't we get back?" He asks after a while. "Yeah. Can you keep me awake?" I say starting up the bike. "Yeah, anything you want me to." We start driving once again. When I get tired he showers me in kisses. "Jack your just making me more tired. Are we there yet?" I ask. He looks over my shoulder and says, "we're home." I turn off the bike and he wheels it to the garage. Supporting me on the other side.

Jack got a bit tired of trying not to let me fall so once he put the bike in its spot he picked me up. That must have been hard because of my extra pounds. I lean against his chest and start to drift off as he walks in. My dad is waiting for me in the entrance. Jack explains why he's carrying me and I say "fuzzy take me to bed." My dad says goodnight as jack lugs me up the stairs. He sets me down on the bed. "Can you turn around for a minute please?" I ask half asleep. He does and I strip off my jeans and boots and climbed into bed. "Your turn, close your eyes." I all ready had them closed. I heard him remove his shoes and pants. The bed creaked a bit as he got in. "Do you wanna sleep?" He asked. I rolled over to face him. "Hell yeah I wanna sleep. I'm laying in my bed." I mumbled. "Come here." He said pulling me over to him. He wrapped an arm around me, kissed me goodnight and we both soon fell asleep.