Chapter 29

Jack pov

I opened my eyes. It was bright. Very bright. And it smelled like... the clinic. Nina did say I would be here a lot. I look over and see her siting in a plastic chair by the door. She was sleeping.

I tried to move my arm but there were too many bandages around my shoulder. and it hurt. There were also bandages on my left arm, and right thigh. Nina must have woken up when she heard me moving but she rushed right over. "Hi fuzzy. I'm so happy your ok." She said kissing me. I kissed her back. "What happened? How long was I out"

"You were shot at. A lot. but they were trying to hit me. And some people on that firing squad had horrible aim. But most were right on target." She laughed. "You were out for four days. And scared me to death."

"They hit you?"

"Yeah, all in the back. but in a few minutes, all better." She said turning and pulling up her shirt a bit. "See, not a trace of bullet."

"So you would take a bullet for me. why." I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Technically I took 37 out of 40 bullets for you. And it's because I love you fuzzy." She planted another kiss on my cheek.

"What did I miss while I was out?" I asked as she helped me sit up. "Nothing much. Annie helped get the bullets out and made you muffins. And after that, she kissed Matt."

I apparently had a shocked look on my face. She laughed. "Don't tell me you didn't see it coming. She was worried about Matt. Just like you were worried about me. And mike seems kinda traumatized. Since we threatened to leave him there if he didn't shut up."

"Striker got away, but dad is going to kill him on sight for shooting at me." She said with a smirk, and then added. "And you."

I laughed a bit more until my shoulder started throbbing.

"I'm gonna tell everyone your up. Prepare to be attacked."

Nina said with a smile. And sure enough I was attacked. By friends.

XxXxXx

Nina pov

I went up to my room. There was a knock on the door and Rouge stepped in. "I found what you asked for." She handed me a slip of paper. "Thank you. I'm not good with computers." She walked out.

"Your welcome."