12. (fack)

"hi jack" I said happily, he smiled as he stepped out if his house. "Hey Finn ready for the date" he said, as I fixed my tie and grinned.

"Yup" I said exitedly but way more nervous on the inside, "ok well let's go" he said, he linked my arm as we walked to his mom's car.

* * *

"We can sit here okay" he said, patting an empty table. I nodded and sat down as he went to go order, I tapped my foot anxiously, I've never been on a date before.

He walked back over and sat in front of me, "now we just wait till the food comes" he said breathing calmly. I bit my lip needing to make a move now, I sighed and reached over to grab his hand but he then stood up.

"Hey" he said, more happily than when I greeted him, he got up and hugged a girl with black hair who blushed and hugged back. I opened my mouth and closed it as jack brought her over, she waved nicely.

"Hi Finn, I'm so glad to finally meet you I'm Jack's girlfriend Ellie" she said, shaking my hand. I smiled faintly, wanting to crawl in a hole and stay there forever.

"My other friend is coming, you guys would be great together" she said, "yea Finn remember the date " jack said winking. I didn't remember hearing him say that, other than him and a date.

I thought he asked me.

Dinner was okay, me and her friend didn't hit it off, Ellie and jack did, they're more adorable than I ever thought we would be. I walked jack home after they dropped off Ellie who gave him a kiss goodbye, I turned around when they did, too embarrass to look.

And how vulurnable I was to think we would be something.

As I walked away I thought to myself, how is he so oblivious to the feelings I have towards him, but now I know we will never be something.
____________________
________________________
:)

-Abby🍪