22. (Jyatt)

-Jaeden

"Are you sure it doesn't hurt" Wyatt said, I looked down at the needle going through my arm. I looked back at him, "the hardest part of this is leaving you" I said, Wyatt smiled.

"Your not leaving me" he said, "I really hope I don't" I said. The nurse took the needle out and smiled gently, "we'll start chemo soon" she said.

I nervously nodded as she gathered up the stuff and walked out the door, my parents then walked in and smiled at wyatt.

"Can we have a moment?" My mom said, Wyatt nodded and walked out. I then let out a sob as my parents gave me sad looks, "I'm so sorry hun" my mom said.

"We tried everything" she said, I wiped my eyes "I know" I said. "I just wished you tried hard enough for me to be able to live" I said, they both gave me a tight hug.

"Can I talk to Wyatt now" I said, they nodded and walked out to call Wyatt back in. "Hey" I said quietly, he sat next to me on the bed. "What's wrong" he said, I sighed.

"Can I kiss you" I said holding back tears, his eyes widened. Every since we started dating I've never kissed him, this will be our first. He gently came forward and connected them, then pulled back letting them linger.

I smiled with my eyes closed, "I wish we could do this everyday" I said. He smiled but then it dropped, "we can't?" He exclaimed. I pulled him into a hug and played with his curls, as he thrashed in my arms.

"Jaeden answer me! Why can't we! What's wrong?" He said over and over, I started to cry softly as he did too. "Your going to be with me forever right" he said sniffling, "I don't know wy" I said sadly.

I felt a pang in my chest but ignored it as I massaged Wyatt's head, "wyatt I hope you know I love you" I said as my eyes started to droop.

The pain started to rise as I started to feel weak, Wyatt's head shot up as my arms limped. "Jaeden!!" Wyatt yelled, nurses ran in as I saw they tried to pull him off the bed.

He pushed them away and grabbed my face gently, "come on you can make it jaeden, try baby" he said. I felt his presence go away, and I opened my eyes with the last of strength I had in me.

I saw the doctors close the door on him as he banged on it, wires were surrounding me as I looked at the light and fully shut my eyes.

I heard my flat line on the machine, and I was looking at my body. I didn't want to leave, so I looked at Wyatt through the window of the door. And saw he was in a mess, I looked away.

One part of me wanted to leave, from all the pain, sickness, and crying. But a part of me wanted Wyatt, I didn't want him to grow up without me, and marry someone else.

So instead of walking to the window with a bright light, I walked back to my body.

For Wyatt.

____________________
Sad nibba hours.

-Abby 🍪