Rogue

"Shy!"

Levi grabs him by the arm and pulls him out of the sofa. He looks down at Shy, totally not please about his actions. Shy doesn't understand why his mother is angry at him, he was only trying to protect.

"I will not tolerate this! Why did you even do that?! That's not how... I raise you.... go and say sorry!"

"No...." Shy sniffles, he made his mother angry and sad. He tries to stop the tears from falling on his eyes.

"Shy," Levi warns. Shy sadly whines but shake his head.

"Levi, it's alright." Eren gently said without moving from his spot.

"No, it's not! Eren he just stabs you with a plastic scissor! What happens if it was not plastic?!"

"He was just trying to protect you. Right Shy?" Eren glance over at Shy, still wearing a pleasant smile. Truth is, he was quite proud that his son can protect to a whole new level. Shy slowly nods.

"Why? You don't have to protect me from your father, he won't hurt me and you. Why do you think his a threat?" Levi kneels down on the child's level, his expression softens as he cups the boys face.

"H-He's a killer!"

"Shy, we talk about this, they are just movies, they're not real and the people there are just acting. Remember?"

Eren was shocked to hear that from Levi. So he lets Shy watch his films? Eren shivers as he counts the films he works with where he was the antagonist of the story.

"No! It was not a movie! There is a guy there asking questions and he... " Shy glares at Eren. "He answers them. It was not an act! They even call him on his own name!" Shy exclaims.

"A guy asking questions," Levi repeats as he tries to recall a show that does that.

"He said that he is going to.. t-tortor and kill!"

"What?" Levi looks over at Eren.

"Oh! It must be the interview that I got before coming here," Eren got out of the sofa and approach the two on the floor.

Shy moves to his mother's lap and protectively wraps his arms around him as Eren sat across them.

"Shy, I said that because I want to protect you and Levi. I only said that as a warning but if there is a bad guy that will hurt mommy I will also stab them with scissors. See? We're the same here." Eren explain on Shy before giving Levi a cheeky smile.

"Let's both protect mommy, ok?"

Shy looks down on the floor, he suddenly felt sorry for what he did. He loosens his hold on Levi and gave Eren a nod.

Eren light ups as he was filled with hope. He doesn't want to linger on the topic so he reaches over for another ham and cheese sandwich and gave it Shy.

Shy eyed the sandwich before slowly accepting it. He avoids eye contact from Eren as he nibbles on his sandwich.

"Shy, what will you say?" Levi pats his head.

"Thank you."

"And?"

"I'm sorry, Eren." Shy whispers, hiding his face on Levi's chest.

"Don't call father on his first name," Levi sighs.

"It's ok, Shy how about you can call me anything you want except for my first name? With that mommy will be happy." Eren said gently.

Shy thought for a moment. He's not ready to call Eren father so he thinks of some words that were not foreign to him. Shy looks up, meeting the same beautiful teal eyes.

"Rogue."