:Chapter 8:

:Dalton:

I was in my room with Dalton going over some notes I had taken from my business classes. Andrew was on his bed with Orchid next to him and the two were going over notes already. First day of college was way different than high school would be.

No introductions for a week. The professor went straight down to business which was good in the long run. Least we weren't wasting time. 'We also got to have cookie dough with Isabella which was the best part of the day.' I nodded at that part.

At that moment the door opened and in walked Rodney. "Bad time?" Rodney asked. I shook my head. "Well Derik and Maryse were attacked. I got Derik and Isabella has Maryse." Rodney said. "What happened?" I asked. "Isabella thinks a hybrid but Derik doesn't remember much." Rodney answered. Orchid glanced over.

Before walking out followed by Andrew. Probably to go make sure Andrew was ok. 'We should go make sure Isabella and Maryse are ok.' That was what I was going to do. I didn't even bother to take the elevator and went up the stairs and down the hallway I went to Isabella's room.

I knocked on the door before opening it and heading to the bedroom Angel and Isabella shared. Inside Isabella was on the bed applying something to Maryse. Maryse growled and Isabella held her still before applying some more and then let Maryse go who leaped off the bed and went to her bed to pout.

Isabella looked over. "Only fifteen minutes from when we were together and you are already in trouble." I told her with a shake of my head. Isabella was quiet and staring at the ground. 'I can see the gears working in her head as watch.'

"Can you smell the air?" Isabella asked. "Why?" I asked. "See if you can get the scent of the attacker." Isabella said. "Well I'd have to shift to get a good scent." I told her. "Then shift." Isabella said. I nodded before heading to the bathroom and then I took my clothes off.

With that I let the shift take over my bones breaking, rearranging then reforming. Soon I was in wolf form. 'There is a mixture of scents. Isabella, werewolf, hellhound.' I went out and let my nose inhale all the scents. Isabella's pumpkin and cinnamon would always be the strongest as would Maryse's for now.

They were here. As long as they stayed here regularly the scent would be powerful. Angel's was here too and Derik's was faint mixed with the metallic scent of his blood. I continued to sniff the ground as Maryse watched me curiously.

My nose was catching so many scents but stopped at one scent. I'm gonna give a scents lesson. Everyone has their own scent. But we all have our species scent. Wolves smelled of woods. Vampires of blood. Humans of a fruit or vegetable. Hellhounds smelled like fire. Maryse smelled of a fire raging. Witches and fae magik.

But this scent was two scents of a creature. It had it's own independent scent. Flowery perfume. An attempt to drive off the scent but I have always been a good tracker. But woods and fire was the scent that came from the attacker and it roasted my nose.

'You know what this means don't you.' 'It means we need to shift and have a long talk with Isabella about what is coming. She needs to know.' 'Well no duh.' I trotted into the bathroom and rushed my shift and nearly fell went putting on my clothes before rushing out.

"What scents did you catch?" Isabella asked looking up as I sat down next to her. "Yeah we need to talk." I told her. "What was it?" Isabella asked clenching her fists. "There was a hybrid here. One with flowery perfume. An attempt to block their scent," I started moving my hair from my face.

"The only scent I got was the species scent." I continued. "What does that mean?" Isabella asked staring into my eyes. 'I really don't want to be the one to tell her.' "Could mean a lot." I said unsurely. "Truth." "It could be another traitor not wanting to be caught."
********************
Isabella was quite pissed about the fact that someone could be double teaming her. "Was there a familiar scent?" Isabella asked as she put down the pillow. Isabella had beat her bed with the pillow. "Not much but it wasn't a regular hybrid scent." I told her.

'Hybrids have a crazed scent and most of the werewolves they used were rogues.' The werewolf was also stronger. We found only one hellhound with werewolf DNA put in. This scent was an equal division and didn't seem crazed or insane. Which made me quite suspicious about what could be behind the attack on Derik and Maryse.

The attacker had no regrets but something vindictive and sadistic about the attack. It wasn't just any sort of attack. Isabella looked at me. The attack seemed as if it was to taunt Isabella. I had many guesses on why the attack was done.

My first guess was they thought Isabella would be the one to be coming in. But Derik and Maryse were there. So those two got attacked. But it seemed Maryse would of been attacked anyway as if she wasn't with Derik she'd be with Isabella. If I hadn't asked Isabella for cookie dough this might of been her.

I was going to have Nico about this. "So Derik and Maryse are ok?" I asked. "Maryse has minor injuries. I think Derik got in front of Maryse and took most the blows." Isabella said biting her lip. 'Derik is quite loyal. A werewolf trait.'

'Or just a trait he always had and had been doubled because he was a werewolf.' Werewolves were generally loyal. There were a couple werewolves who were backstabbers. Those were the worst of the worst. Ryan turned about to be one of them. Betraying me because Kayla was his mate.

Would I betray my pack for Isabella? No I wouldn't. Isabella was my mate and only ever mate. But I wouldn't betray my family for her. A real mate wouldn't force you to betray something you care for. 'We don't have to betray anything for Isabella as she gets along with most things in our life.'

That she did. She was a real mate. I don't see anything really getting between us. My pack was had an alliance with The Organization too. Mostly because I encouraged it after a bit when I found out Isabella was a hunter for many reasons.

A truce was a shaky thing. But a bad truce is better than a good war. But an alliance met my pack would work with The Organization. When I was an Alpha I'd be dealing with alliances and truces. An alpha was a lot of responsibility and I knew it but I was happy to be do it one day.

'We get to work at dad's business first before becoming an Alpha. Dad wants to see how we handle situations.' The business classes would would help a lot. I looked over at Isabella who now had her sketchbook out and was going through it until reaching a blank page.

"Drawing a suspect?" I asked. "Drawing the way I plan to murder The First. I might even dedicate a binder. How does blowing 'it' up with a nuke sound?" Isabella asked. "No I'm not gonna nuke hell. I'm gonna find his ass and tranquilize him and put him where the nuke won't affect anyone then nuke him. Then he'll go to hell where I will be waiting to stab his eyes out." Isabella said to herself. 'I think she is talking to Satan.' "Yes I will first force his location out." Isabella said with a huff.

"Fine I'll find a less destructive way." Isabella said. I smiled at Isabella. I'd help her find this hybrid. We didn't need an attack on the college grounds well this is a dorm but in the college classroom next. We'd fine this hybrid and eliminate it. I just had to talk to Nico first.

1346. So I am back to Edit.Lab banners. My neighbors laptop hard drive overloaded and my computer is working slow. So now I'm using my mom's roommate's computer. I know horrible luck. But this one is running good. And I promise Edit.Lab banners no repeats. Until next time Edit.Lab marshmallows.

Lab marshmallows