:Chapter 24:

:Dalton:

Kadan and I were going through the forest with the scent in our nose. Luck was in our favor having caught the scent of the hybrid. I recognized the scent from Isabella's room and was tracking it furiously with Maryse behind us prepared to attack.

Ash came out here and there. Isabella was behind us jogging while panting not liking our speed but daylight was burning. The last thing we needed was Isabella in the dark with us with no flashlight. We'd be guiding Isabella back or making Isabella ride on my back.

Last time she did that she threw up. Yeah. Werewolves could carry certain people on their back if they were strong enough. 'Both Lucas and Isabella got sick.' 'Yeah I guess they got. . . wolf motion sickness?' 'That is one way to put it.' The scent shifted west and Kadan I took a turn leaping over a fallen log.

Isabella stepped over it as we continued to track the scent. The scent was very plain and didn't have the foul rogue odor. This hybrid wasn't a rogue injected with hellhound DNA. So it might of been one born like Isabella suggested.

Kadan was tracking the same scent as I having picked it up first. He mind-linked me to make sure it was the right one. So now all four of us were going through the woods looking for the scent. It was old but had been traveled a lot showing that this was possibly a route.

Isabella caught up as we slowed down now have going into her hunter mode. She had her pistol out in case something decided to come out art us. The scent was getting more potent around here meaning we could find a possible hide-out. We could even catch the hybrid in it's home.

When it was not expecting us. We continued through the woods. 'I hope to catch this bastard for making Isabella emotionally hurt by hurting Derik and Maryse.' I nodded in agreement just as we reached the scent and Kadan stopped looking at a tree where a note was taped along with something else.

'Sorta like the game Slenderman.' Kadan said mind-linking me. 'I'd tear out Slenderman's throat before he could reach us and kill us.' I told Kadan back as Isabella yanked the note off along with the thing and began to read it aloud.

"I'm a lot closer than you think." Isabella said clenching the paper. She took the foreign object showing a small lock of hair. "Derik." Isabella whispered. Her eyes burned blue for a moment. "You fucking bitch!" Was all Isabella exclaimed before taking off with Kadan, Maryse and I chasing after her.

Isabella made a hell of a time and we got into clothes so fast and I got in the car just as Isabella turned on my car. Maryse loaded up with Kadan as Isabella tore out like a madman her eyes a flaring blue. I set my hand on her arm and she relaxed just a tiny bit but not much.

'You should try to calm her down.' 'I have no idea how to.' 'Keep your hand on her maybe your touch will soothe her.' Isabella didn't have claws but I swore she'd leave marks in the steering wheel with the grip she had.

I rested my arm with it brushing hers as Kadan drove behind us Maryse's red eyes very easy to see as she watched Isabella with hawk-like eyes. Isabella relaxed a little more but death was in her eyes. With that we sped off to Greenwich hall to make sure Derik was alive.
*****************
A few people in the lobby gave Isabella weird stares as she pounded up the stairs. Kadan stayed in the lobby and said he'd see me tomorrow. I had Maryse at my side as we continued up. 'Let's just hope Derik is safe or there is gonna be trouble on our hands.' I nodded.

Isabella got off at his floor and went down counting the doors. I could smell Derik's scent throughout the hallways mixed with a whole bunch of others one. But I couldn't determine if he was here or not which did not work to my advantage at all.