:Chapter 14:

:Dalton:

"Come on hurry up." Nico insisted as I grabbed a simple pair of clothes for after the shift. "Gain some patience." I told him. "I can't I'm just so pumped for the run." Nico said with a smile on his face. I shook my head.

"So we are all running together?" I asked. "Except Andrew. He's helping Orchid with a little dispute between a witch. He is also in wolf form to threaten said witch." Nico said shaking his head. 'Our twin gets braver by the day. One day you won't even be able to tell he is an omega.'

I nodded. That day would be the best day of my life. No longer worrying about Andrew being bullied constantly. Oh that'd be the best day. Trace would learn not to mess with him. But I think Isabella and I beat him into it with a little help from Orchid's hexes.

I knew Orchid would be a good mate for Andrew. She was more confident and was teaching Andrew to be more confident when not pranking. I mean he acted like he was god when pranking. But other than that he didn't. Well used to.

He has gotten a lot better. With one more swipe of some clothes I was ready to on the run. 'A run through the woods. Not like our woods but better than nothing.' 'I don't think anyone's besides maybe the red woods would compare to our woods. It's beautiful has trails, streams and a nice river slash pond to swim in.'

I was gonna miss running in that until I graduated college. Just four years. I'd also visit too on holidays. That's what Rory and Rodney did.  With that Nico and I left our dorm room just as Derik and Rodney left theirs.

Derik had been slowly accepting his werewolf status. Two years and he still got uncomfortable here and there. But Rodney convinced him to run with us which was a miracle. Derik ran alone mostly and was pretty much a lone wolf in some standards.

'He has a pack. His pack is Enyr, Lucas, Isabella, Orchid and Ryne. People he knows and trust. Eventually he'll open up to us and maybe join.' 'I'll even give him a nice position. I mean it won't be ruling but it'll be a good one that is high and doesn't take orders much.'

Ash nodded. 'He could be an epsilon.' Fifth ranking in a pack. Just below the Gamma. All positions were based off of the Greek alphabet. But it'd all be up to Derik if he even wanted to join. But he'd always welcome on the territory especially when I was an alpha.

I knew Isabella would be pissed if they thought to kick him out. She'd probably leave with him and I didn't want Isabella to leave. Derik didn't bother me much either. At first I saw him as a rival. But you can tell their relationship was purely friendship.

Isabella even walked away when he talked about a fuck buddy which he probably doesn't have. 'But he could have a girlfriend.' 'For all we know he found his mate and is passing it off not telling anyone because of Kayla.' Ash nodded. Kayla really did a number on him emotionally so that was a reason he closed in.

Next to Red Claws. But Isabella said he was getting better. Derik lingered in the back on his iPhone as we exited the building gaining up a small little pack on the way. Of course our little run was stopped outside when a black mustang pulled up.

Then a very pissed off Isabella with a bruised face came limping and cursing. "Oh my gosh. Did you challenge Victor again?" Derik asked. "No I'm not that stupid. I went into the sewers were the damn crocodiles lurk." Isabella said as Maryse came up to her.

"You fought a crocodile?" Nico asked. "I'm gonna fight you here soon." Nico said. Angel stepped a little in front of him making Nico smile but push her back. "I fought a psycho serial killer in the sewers after searching for a magical gem for a witch. Then I was jumped by a psycho serial killer when I got the freaking eye of Anubis thing gem special shit. Then I brought it to the witch and it broke after she gave me the money. Then she attacked me and is now in prison. I am never going to the fucking sewers again!" Isabella said angrily.

"Well I took a few forsaken execution jobs." Derik said with a sly smile. "Go to hell." Isabella said. 'Friendship. Cursing them to go to hell then hugging it out.' Isabella simply stalked by and Nico watched her as she threw something out of her jacket and went inside the dorm.

Derik watched her before we moved on and all got in cars then off we were to the forest. 'I do hope Isabella is ok after being jumped.' 'No worries we'll check on her after.' With that off we were to our nice shift and run.'
****************
I was trotting through the woods in wolf form. We sorta playing a hide and seek. Rory met us there with a frat werewolf from a neighboring pack. His name was David. Now we were using our hunting instincts in a game of hide and seek but in a werewolf edition.

If tackled you became it. Then we mind-linked who was it. Sometimes. The times were you didn't know who was it was the best as you were wary of anyone. I sniffed the air and caught sent of Rodney who was prowling to tag someone. I eased back into the brush and watched as Rory came running by with Rodney hot on his heels.

I eased out before taking off in the other direction and nearly ran into Derik who stared before taking off. I could hear Rodney's victory howl hinting that Rory was now it. 'This is a lot more fun then just running around. Our hunter instincts at full speed.'

I could hear Nico slink through the night having an advantage of being the fastest with Angel right behind him. The two teamed up as we waited for Rory to find us and then outrun him or him not even notice us. At that moment Rory came near my hiding spot.

His eyes met mine and I tore off when he lunged sending some birds flying and squirrels up some trees. Rory gave chase and I weaved through the trees and leaped over a log. Out of nowhere Derik tackled me to the ground.

'Now your it.' Rory said with a devious look as the two took off. Rodney tagged Derik of course. I got up and shook my fur before bringing my nose to the ground and catching David's scent before following after it to see him hiding behind a bush.

His tail was peeking out which was a dead give away. I went pouncing on him but stopped upon realizing that it wasn't David. A wolf turned towards me and bared it's teeth. Then the eyes began to glow red hinting at a hybrid. Not the hybrid that attacked Derik though. Different scent.

I let out a warning howl just as the hybrid attacked. I met him in a battle as a few more hybrids came out making me snarl. 'It can't be a coincidence of the psycho in the sewers and now hybrids.' A few of my wolves came running out and met the wolves in battle.

Thankfully there weren't too many of them. We easily defeated them but Angel got a bite wound. In retaliation Nico ripped out the hybrids throats. We shifted back. "I'll go bury them." Rory said before shifting as Rodney brought them with him. "Definitely not a coincidence." Nico said staring at the now dead hybrids.

1301. Two chapters in a day. Might get one of Omega's Little Witch up. Let's see what happens. Until next time coincidental marshmallows.

 Until next time coincidental marshmallows