:Chapter 40:

:Dalton:

Isabella came back ten minutes after with a different expression then before. Everyone in the house was silent from Paris's attack as no one expected her. She wasn't around a lot so she wasn't expected and it was like a spell was casted.

She was Kadan's half sister. Kadan was silent while Alana cuddled up to him and forced him to hold his daughter. Isadora was even quiet as was Isaac. 'I'm guessing she can feel the mood as can Isaac.' Isaac was silent too and usually he was active but the mood you know.

After awhile everyone parted ways to do things. Kadan stayed on the blanket as Alana rubbed his hand just as Isabella walked in and her gaze met Kadan's. Kadan glanced up. "Yes?" Kadan asked. "You going home?" Isabella asked putting her hands in her pockets. "Yeah, Isadora is ready for sleep. Why?" Kadan asked.

"I---- I'd like to talk to your mom." Isabella said as Maryse came up. Kadan looked at Alana who smiled at him. "It'll be fine." Alana whispered to him. "Plus I do live next door." Isabella said looking at her fists. Kadan cracked a smile at that.

'Well least he is smiling.' "Yeah let me get my coat. Daddy will be back." Kadan said talking to Isadora with the last part. "Paris was her name right?" Alana asked. "Yeah, a psycho Paris. Like her father." Isabella said the last part to herself but Alana and I caught it of course.

Kadan came back and handed Alana her coat. "Come on." Kadan told Isabella. "Can I come with you?" I asked. "You walking home?" Isabella asked. "I'm sure Enyr won't mind me staying the night." I told her. "Enyr sleeps with Lucas, Ryne is home all night." Isabella said.

"You can stay with us." Alana said. "Haven't had a sleepover in forever." Kadan said. I nodded. "Being a parent comes with that." I reminded him. Kadan looked at Isadora and smiled at her a whispered worth it. "Just beware Isadora cries sometimes." Alana said. "Preparation." I said. Alana and Kadan smiled just a little and Isabella huffed impatiently.

"Ok out we go." Kadan said before getting his car keys out and going getting Isadora in her booster seat as Isabella and I got in her mustang along with Maryse who watched me. 'After the Paris incident she has been alert.' After buckling up they drove off to the duplex secluded away from the city.
******************
"Mom I'm home!" Kadan yelled as we entered the house. Isabella of course brought Maryse in after Alana assured Isabella that it will be ok. Alric, Kadan's dad, Whitney, Kadan's mom, Alana's dad Elias, and Zhu, Alana's mom. Whitney ran and hugged both Kadan and Alana.

Then she smiled at Isadora. "Dalton and. . . Isabella." Whitney said in surprise. Isabella nodded. 'Probably curious.' 'I doubt Isabella visits Whitney and has tea parties.' "How's your head?" I asked her. "Better." Whitney said as Alric came up behind her and rested his head on her.

Whitney turned bright red. "What do you need sweetie?" Whitney asked. "To talk to you two. Alone." Isabella said looking at them. Whitney nodded before going to a room and of course Kadan and I followed to eavesdrop of course. We made sure we were quiet as Alana rolled our eyes and said rude.

Then went to see her parents.

"You were raped years ago." Isabella said bluntly making Kadan and I shake our heads. "Do not bring it up like that." Alric said no doubt through clenched teeth. 'He was pissed when he found out and vowed to put the guys head on his wall.'

I remember that. Took the current Delta, Gamma and my dad to restrain him to let my mom console Whitney. My mom was Whitney's protector. She blamed herself for a bit as she was suppose to be there but stopped to grab something for them.