:Chapter 36:

:Dalton:

I had heard a loud thump upstairs and decided to go investigate it. Also to make sure Isabella found the closet with no problem. I made my way up the stairs when a loud thud against a wall caught my attention and I followed the noise.

The floor creaked here and there. 'This doesn't feel right.' Soon I had arrived in front of the closet and opened the door to see if Isabella was fine. Maybe she twisted her ankle or something. Nothing could prepare me for what I had saw in there.

Jealousy twisted up me and rage mixed with betrayal. Payton was on top of Isabella who was leaned back. All I could think was she was cheating on me. And that I wanted Payton's head on my wall after brutally tearing the bastard apart for touching something that was mine and not his. The rage increased.

But went down a little upon seeing what was happening. Isabella was knocked out cold her eyes shut and a red mark forming on her face. Payton was on top of her with his hands wrapped around her throat squeezing the life out of her. 'Fucking coward!'

What I did next was pure instinct. I kicked Payton right off of my Isabella and slammed him up into the wall again and again and again. Growls were emerging from me and I could feel my claws lengthen as the beast wanted out. Ash wanted out to pounce on the fucker and tear him apart.

To see his blood splatter against the white walls. I'm sure I attracted attention with how many times I had slammed Payton into the wall. Payton attempted to fight back but it was no use. I was an angry pissed off werewolf fighting to defend and avenge it's injured mate.

Someone came running up and I was pulled off of Payton who eyed Isabella and lunged back at her. I was fighting the tight grip hysterically. Payton nearly got her when a combat boot went straight into his face and he rolled as Ryne stepped by and kicked him in the stomach.

The sheer force of the kick knocked him out. 'It should of killed him. We should of snapped his fucking neck!' The arms continued to restrain me as Lucas walked in and felt Isabella's pulse which was there. Her neck was forming with blue and black bruises.

Lucas then stepped away from her. He walked over to Payton and dug a small block like object out of his pocket then threw it to the ground and brought his foot down on it smashing it into pieces making Isabella move a little. When her eyes opened they were glowing a bright blue.

Lucas helped her up as I was dragged out. I could feel my bones shifting and cracking as my shift forced itself out in a last defense to escape. To escape and kill the threat that was in my territory. However I was dragged out and brought outside.

My shift was nearly done my clothes being shred before I pushed forward my wolf form coming out. 'Kill and protect.' That was the only thing running through my mind as my wolf form shifting impatiently wanting to find a way into the house to get to Payton and tear him apart.

My eyes drifted to Isabella who was inside. Derik was pressing and ice pack to her neck and red hot jealousy went through me and I lunged at the door. Derik turned to me his eyes gold and growled. I snarled back just as viciously.

Lyric came up and watched Derik. I watched the human as she set her head against Derik as he handed the ice pack to Lyric and whispered something to her. Lyric got next to Isabella and continued icing her neck. Isabella was conscious her eyes darting around and they met mine.

They stayed there for a moment and I began to whine and paw at the door. I wanted in there to comfort my mate. 'To be there for her and make sure she is ok.' No one opened the door for me so I began to bark and howl as Isabella slumped against the couch.