Chapter 7

Bella•
'No Sense'

The hallways had finally fallen quiet as I finally figured out my class and where it was. I was nervous because i was 5 minutes late meaning everyone would stare at me as if I had just murdered someone right in front of them when in reality it's not that big of a deal.

I took a deep breath and opened the door before stepping in. The entire class were alerted and were looking in my direction.

"You must be Isabella the new student!" A very chirpy man sung. He was tall, had white/grey hair and wore small rectangular glasses. He looked to be in his late 40's.

"I'm Patrick Lang your English teacher, I should assure you that I will teach you everything you need to know and more" I couldn't get over how excited he was at this early hour.

"Class, this is Miss Isabella Montano," he paused as they all just sat there, staring.

"What do you prefer being called?" He asked as he handed me a text book. "Um just Bella..." I replied quietly.

"Okay then Bella, you can take a seat in between Rico and Vanessa" he said as he pointed out to my seat.

The girl had short ginger hair and smiled at me as I walked past, she sat behind me. The boy who I now knew was 'Ethan' had blonde hair and blue eyes and overall quite handsome.

He also smiled at me as I walked past sitting down behind him.

As I sat down he was quick to turn around "Hello I'm Ethan, how do you do?" His accent was very very British.

"I'm okay" I replied, clearly not a sociable person.

"There's no need to be shy, I for one am not going to judge nor will I comment on your... quietness" he answered. I almost felt dumb talking to him.

"Ethan please turn around and stop bothering the new student" Mr Lang spoke making Ethan roll his eyes and turn around.

As the lesson dragged out, I took this as my chance to look around and scope out who was in my class. I noticed the two familiar blonde heads that belonged to Sandy and Sandra, they sat twirling their hair and chewing gum obnoxiously loudly. Joy. One of the other cheer leaders were in here but I had completely forgotten her name and I wasn't keen in finding out what it was anyway.

Other than that I didn't really feel bothered by anyone else being in the class. I sat on row away from the window row and right next to me I noticed a familiar face of one of the boys I saw this morning. I didn't notice I was staring until he turned to look at me and his chocolate coloured eyes pierced in to mine.

"I'm not gonna bite" he chuckled as I looked away hoping he didn't notice I was staring.

I looked back at him giving him a small smile muttering a sorry for staring. "Bella eh?"

I nodded. "I'm Khalil," he said as I nodded "So you're the hot new student everyone's talking about" I looked in front of him to see one of his 'boys' now turned around talking to us. Well me.

"Um..." I was confused as to what I was supposed to say as they just laughed at my facial expressions.

"I'm Xavier, but you can call me Za" I found it confusing as to how Xavier and Za mixed but I didn't question it and just nodded. Before he could carry on our teacher snapped at him to stop talking and so we spent the rest of the lesson laughing discreetly at how Za would mimic the teacher. I didn't realise that the boys I saw this morning who everyone told me to stay away from were actually going to be friendly.

Once the class was dismissed I picked up my books and left the class.

"You're not very talkative" I heard Khalil say as they both joined me at either sides.

"I just-but you hang out with Roxy so you'll probably start talking shit like her too" Za laughed cutting me off making my eyes widen, I thought everyone loved Roxy.

"Chill out, I can see how much you don't wanna be around her." He added making me shrug, I didn't want to be known as someone who already had enemies and I certainly didn't want to be stressing my feelings to people I barely knew and apparently were 'toxic'.

They really didn't look 17 but then again most guys at this college didn't either. Steroids maybe?

We walked until we reached the cafeteria where Roxy told me to meet her so unfortunately I was now a part of their group. However as I walked in I noticed a lot of people still stared, as if I was doing something against the law.

"We'll see you around Bella" Za smirked, okay a little creepy but then he was kinda creepy but also funny so it worked.

I watched as they left towards a table in the corner where his friends sat. I looked over, my eyes stopping once making eye contact with the certain hazel eyes which still held so much anger.

We stared at each other for what felt like an eternity until eventually breaking eye contact and sitting down.

There was something about him, and his friends, it didn't make sense.