Chapter 50

•Bella
'Secrets, Truth and Love

I was in complete and utter shock, it felt as if my entire life had been a lie as I sat in a car with someone who I thought I knew almost everything about. Damon and I shared everything, despite him being slightly older than me. If I had a problem, he was the first to know about it. If he had a problem, I was the first to know about it. That's how it had been up until now, where I had found out that he was hiding possibly one of the biggest things from not only me but from our parents.

I didn't know what to expect from him however the fact that he was with Jason and his group of friends told me that whatever he had to say, wasn't going to be good. Or legal.

The awkward car journey home consisted of him asking me if I was hungry and if I wanted to stop of at McDonald's but despite my love for McDonalds, I resisted the urge as I wanted nothing more but to go home and find out every single detail. Every single lie.

Once we had arrived home, the absence of both my parents cars told him that they weren't home.

I got out of his car and made my way up to the front door where I unlocked it and led him inside.

He nodded his head over at the backyard and I automatically knew that he was going to be telling me a whole lot of information that would obviously be a lot to take in. Every time he came home, we would always have a catch up session where I'd tell him everything and he'd do the same whilst we sat at the edge of our pool in our old house whilst sipping our feet in to the water. Now that we had moved, this was the first time he had actually been here and so he was following my every move. 

I sat down at the edge of the pool and he followed me before we both dipped out feet in to the pool. "Can't lie, I'm liking this house better than the last" he mentioned making me slowly nod, awkwardly.

I think he had noticed my silence and awkwardness and so he sighed "I know you're confused..." he muttered scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

"But I want you to remember who I am. Because you know me better than anyone, and you know I would never-" I was quick to cut him off "I thought I knew you better than anyone... not so much anymore." I answered back making him sigh, again.

"I get it." He stopped turning to look at me "Australia was never a lie. I left to start a business, to earn and to live the life I always dreamed of having. I built my business with mom's brother but the only difference was that I didn't have any other choice but to leave LA" He explained,

I looked at him raising my eyebrows allowing him to continue "Do you remember when I was in college, 18 years old and was slowly turning insane? Well not insane, I had mad anger issues and no one could figure out what was going on with me for like a year?" He asked making me nod as I was fully aware of when he went through the 'I don't care about my education' phase, he left 2 years later because he got so bad that my dad sent him to Australia with my uncle to of course start the business and also attend a boarding school for those who... well for people like Damon as we had no idea why he had suddenly become so angry and violent.

"Well no one could figure out why I was suddenly so... angry. It was because I had met Carter Reynolds." Although I had no idea who the dude was, his surname was very familiar as Austin's surname was also Reynolds however of course, he had nothing to do with this.

"He was a gang leader. He still is however at the time, I had met him and he convinced me to do things for him. Nothing bad of course because I hadn't gone that insane but still... I literally worshipped every single thing that guy did however... I then met Jason." He muttered Jason's name as if it were the name of the devil, I rolled my eyes but made sure he hadn't seen as I knew he would throw a fit.