Chapter 49

Jason
'Disaster'

I leaned against the wall as the boys sat on the couches accompanied by Monty. The boy had grown.

"How's it feel to be back eh? I bet Australia has all kinds of ladies. Curvy, tiny, LARGE" Za commented laughing aloud followed by the rest laughing.

"Feels good man. I'm just glad we're getting work done" He answered making me nod.

Monty was one of our trusted men, he worked as a spy, receiving information that could be valuable for us and then delivering it to us. His role in Australia was simply to be dead.

Literally.

You see, Monty once was a trusted remember of Mr Carter Reynolds gang and he was basically our ears. He respected me, he respected the boys and also Thiago however he was much closer to me as I was always there to help him out of shit since he was doing a lot for us.

Unfortunately, the prick Austin found out that Monty was ratting them out to us and that was a sign of disloyalty and so they basically attempted to fight him. Yup, they were too pussy to start a fight with all of us so they took him and tortured him.

In the end, they announced him dead. The best part? The boy just walked straight outta their warehouse, not dead. However, knowing he would be found and probably really killed; along with his family, he lied to everyone in his life and left to Australia, no one ever found out that he was alive and having the best time in Australia. Fucking bitches and getting easy money for being our eyes and ears out there.

The main point, Monty was Damian Montano, his name 'Monty' was taken from his surname being 'Montano', I don't know, Za probably came up with it as he was a dumbass .

Why haven't I ever told Isabella? Especially how she was my only priority and I wanted nothing but to see her happy?

Because if I told her, there would be a huge risk that she, herself could be killed by the one and only Carter and his boys as they threatened to kill his entire family if he didn't let them kill him. He basically sacrificed his freedom for his family. For Isabella.

Finally, although Monty visits once a month, he is clever about it. You see, Carter loves to leave the country, specifically at the same time every month. Every time he's out of town, Monty comes home to his family. But he comes to see us first.

So yes, Damian- Monty, was currently unaware that his sister is peacefully sleeping upstairs and also the fact that she is my girl. I doubt he'd even ever expect it.

No one did, I didn't myself.

But I was going to do anything and everything to protect this girl, and if that meant lying to her about her own brother, so be it. She doesn't know anything about us, I haven't told her about any of my life and as unfair as that may be, it's all for the best, for her.

Their father is a cop, one we stay well away from which brings the greatest amount of irony as Damian was basically a criminal, and Isabella was with a criminal.

They continued their jokes about how many ladies Damian involved himself with out in Australia, but my mind was still on Isabella and how I was hiding so much from her. She knew nothing about how much I was involved in. I think she knew I was criminal, in a gang even, but her innocent mind wouldn't give her the capability to measure the actual danger to it, no way.

Everyone fell silent suddenly, I saw a small figure walk in to the room and stand not far from me.

Damian was quick to stand up, his eyes wide from shock. I was the same.