chapter fourteen

while rachel and sebastian spent their evening blissfully unaware of what was going on for other people regarding them they were lost in a bubble where only they existed.

my my lovely

so if i was there right now what exactly would we be doing?
seb xxxxxxxxxxxx

hey seb

honestly why do i have the feeling your picturing something.... i would have thought we would be cuddled up watching netflixs with a chinese or pizza
rachel xxxxxxxxxxxx

hey my lovely

that does sound good i wish i was there believe me there is nothing i want more than to be cuddling you right now. as for picturing something yes i was but im not going to tell you what i was seeing myself doing to you as it might not come true if i do
seb xxxxxxxxxxxx

sebastian sat waiting for a response from her and when his computer pinged ne was surprised at how quick she had replied then saw it was from thad.

hey smythe
its thad listen something unbelievable has happened your mom turned up at dalton looking for you seb she thought you were still here. she had no idea what your dad has done she looked devastated but also said she was going to kill him.
thad

hey thad

are you serious she didnt know!!!! oh my god has she confronted him is she alright. what does this mean for me
seb

hey smythe

im not sure what it means for you be your mom was livid your mom has always been a sweet if not weak woman regarding your dad. thought i would let you know i will let you know if anything else happens.

thad

hey seb

if you were here right now it might come true
rach xxxxxx

hey my lovely
rach your not going to believe this my mom didnt know about dad sending me here
seb xxxxxxxxxxxx

rachel read the e ail then read it again in shock then she felt something she had felt for the past five days she felt a small glimmer of hope.

meanwhile

as charles smythe arrived home he was trying to figure out how to solve the issue with mr peyton if he told him sebastian couldnt see him because he was in france that wouldn't look good for him he knew that. on the other hand to bring sebastian back to the states would mean him picking up where he left off with this rachel ane he couldn't allow that.

as charles walked into the house he knew instantly tbat something wasnt right the routine was he entered tbe house maggie would be stood by the door with a scotch for him and the smell of dinner would be wafting through from the kitchen tonight however was different there was no scotch waiting for him there was no lovely smell of food from the kitchen there was no maggie.

" maggie" he called out and headed into the kitchen but there was nothing on the stove or in the oven he wondered if maybe she was sick he headed upstairs to their bedroom but she wasnt there either.

then he figured it out her father was dying perhaps she had gone to see him anr had lost track of time tjough she didnt do that ever naggie knew he liked a routine unlike the boy whoseemed to try to disrupt it whenever he had the chance.

what charlesdidnt know was how wrong her was maggie was not visiting her ailing father she was on a flight to paris to see her son he didnt know that she knew.

meanwhile

as maggie sat there in first class sipping a brany to steady herself she was actually shaking with rage charles was a bastard she knew that she didn't love him she stayed for sebastian's sake as she fesred charles would take him from her if she left and she couldnt do that to sebastian.  he might be a teenager but to her he was her little boy who she had to protect and right now the fact that he was going through something and she hadnt even known tore her heart in two. she thought about what thad had said about sebastian dating a girl maggie downed her brandy thinking of sebastian been at his old school which he hated but been sent away from the girl he loved the idea of her little boy hurting made tears drip down her face. charles had won since the day they got married but he wasnt going to win anymore she thought no way he had awoken the mommy bear in her and she was going to anything and everything to protect her cub.