So Scared

When Danny and Jessica got home, they sat in the living room and just held each other. They knew that they had to discuss about what their next steps were going to be but, they both were too scared to face it.

Finally after a few minutes of not saying anything, Jessica and Danny sat up then they both began to talk about their current situation.

They went over the pros and cons of having a baby while putting Jessica at risk of her cancer returning. Before they knew it, it was time to pick up Stephanie and Emma from school and they were no where near a decision.

"Jessica...I don't want to risk losing you!" Danny said trying to keep his voice from rising as he stood up from the sofa.
"Danny...I want this baby!" Jessica said as she stood up too. "This baby is a part of us! We created them from the love we both have for each other. I'm willing to risk my life to have this baby!"
"And what if we lose you in the process!? You won't even be here to see them grow up!" Danny yelled. Danny just couldn't be excited about the news that they were going to be parents again.

Jessica hung her head and sobbed; she sat back down on the sofa and cried into her hands.
Danny took a deep breath and kneeled down in front of her. He gently took her hands in his and said. "I'm sorry Jess. I didn't mean to yell. I'm just...I'm just scared. I love you so much and...I can't bare the thought of not having you in my life." Danny's tears were rolling down his cheeks and Jessica looked at him.
"I love you too." Jessica said as she squeezed his hands gently. "I'm terrified of the risks too but...I love this baby with all my heart already. I don't know if I can...if I can terminate. This is our child Danny. And, think about this, what if everything turns out alright and the baby and I are both healthy."

Danny wrapped his arms around her and held her close for a moment. He took a deep breath and said. "Alright, let's take a breather and we'll discuss this later. Don't worry about dinner, I'll pick something up on the way home."

Jessica nodded then kissed Danny's lips. When the door closed behind Danny, Jessica stood up and walked to her bedroom. She changed her clothes and took out a photo album that was filled with her children's pictures. She sat on her bed and opened the photo album.

She smiled as she looked through her children's baby pictures. Jessica couldn't imagine a life without her children. Her hand made its way to her flat belly and she smiled wide. Just like she told Danny, she already loved this baby with all her heart. "Mommy loves you little one. I am going to do everything in my power to fight for you."