Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You

Jessica began to sob as she listened to Dr. Mars. Danny wanted to burst into the room and hold Jessica and never let her go.

Danny's tears rolled down his cheeks as he stared into Jessica's eyes. She stared back not taking her eyes off of him.

Jessica then began to smile and so did Danny. She then turned her attention back to Dr. Mars who wore a smile too.

"So...it's really working!?" Jessica asked in a emotional tone.
"Yes Jessica. All the treatments are working." Dr. Mars said. "As a matter of fact, tomorrow will be your last radiation treatment. Then in order to make sure that you don't affect others due to the radiation, we are keeping you here another two weeks. After those two weeks will be the moment you have been waiting for...you'll be able to go home."

Jessica was overcome with happiness; since Dr. Mars was covered with the protection she needed, she walked over to Jessica and gave her hug.

After Jessica calmed down, Dr. Mars pulled away and said. "When I release you from this place the only thing you will still need to come for is chemo. Which I will be giving you a low dose. You did it Jessica! You're beating this."

Dr. Mars turned to Danny through the window and asked. "How would you like to come inside and spend some time with your wife? But only for a few minutes."
"I would like that very much!" Danny said as he wiped his tears away.

Dr. Mars allowed Danny to change into scrubs then put on all the necessary covers over them. He then had to put on a mask and few more precautions.

Then finally, after two months of not having any contact with Danny, Jessica was now in her husband's arms.

They couldn't kiss each other but they were finally able to hold each other.

More tears fell down their cheeks but they were tears of relief and joy. This nightmare that they were living in for all these months was soon coming to a close.

Jessica laid her head on Danny's chest and they relished the feeling of being close to each other.

But all too soon Dr. Mars told Danny it was time to go. She didn't want to risk Danny getting any radiation from Jessica. Things were still too risky.

Danny kissed Jessica through his mask then gave her final hug then left the room where he changed back to his regular clothes and threw away the scrubs and protective covers he had been wearing.

That night, Jessica fells asleep with a smile on her face and with this new strength and hope.

*Two weeks later*

Jessica was being wheeled out of her room and even that small trip she felt so much better. She  grew to hate her hospital room. Her feeding tube was gone and she was now able to eat food again.

Then when she was finally being wheeled out of the hospital and the cool gentle breeze hit Jessica's face she had tears of joy. She knew there were going to be a lot of tears today, but instead of sadness and hopelessness, they were tears of happiness and joy.

Danny helped her up from the wheelchair and took her into his arms and was finally able to place a proper kiss on her lips. They kissed each other like it had been years.

Danny pulled away and hugged her tight; he then helped her inside the car in the passenger seat and they were off.

Dorothy, Albert, Stephanie, Emma and Sophia were waiting at home for Jessica. They made a very small welcome home dinner for her.