Date? Inconceivable

John recently has been really stressed from being a single parent and his job was not helping. Neither was his childish flatmate in an attempt to help you offered to do any thing for him. His request was strange to say the least.... That's how you found yourself at 221B Baker street having an usual conversation with the exhausted doctor.
"You can't be serious John you want me to take Sherlock on a date."
"Not a date per say just take that man out of this flat long enough that Rosie and I can catch up on some sleep." He said with pleading eyes.
"Can't Molly do that by having him do an experiment? Or something to do with an unsolved case?"
"Molly is out of town with her current boyfriend."
"Sherlock obviously doesn't like me John why would he agree to hang out with me?"
He paused for a moment, "Fair point (Y/N) but please try. If I don't get some proper sleep I might just smother that man with a pillow."
By the look on his face you knew he was serious so you sighed, "Ok, ok I'll do it."
John hugged you suddenly "Thank you so much (Y/N)! You are literally a life saver."
You giggled and awkwardly patted his back. "It's really not that big of a deal."
Just then Sherlock walked in and stopped dead in his tracks. "Am I interrupting something."
John pulled away and then pushed you towards his best friend. "No of course not I was just thanking (Y/N) for doing a crucial errand for me you should go help her as well."
Well that solves the problem of me having to ask him, you thought.
Sherlock thought for a second, "Well I guess I could think of worse things to do at the moment."
"Good let's go then." You smiled and grabbed Sherlock's hand pulling him down the stairs. You didn't notice the slight blush on Sherlock's face. "Cya later John." You shouted behind you as you exited the flat.
As you hailed a cab Sherlock pulled his hand out of yours and went about fixing the collar of his coat so it covered his face. "A bit chilly isn't it (Y/N)?"
You looked at him questionly. "Is it? I didn't notice."
"Maybe it's due to how unobservant you are. Because clearly it's getting colder."
Shrugging you finally get a cab and get in, "It's just your imagination Sherlock."
"Where to?" Asked the cabby.
"Umm Scotland yard? Please."
Sherlock looked at you slightly confused. "Why Scotland yard?"
"Umm I need to talk to Lestrade about a possible job. John told me how he needs a computer export."
"What about John's errand?"
"It can wait a little bit just need to pop in and then pop out. Are you ok with that?"
"Well if you insist on seeing George I can't object to your personal choices."
"I thought his name was Greg."
Sherlock just shrugged like it really didn't matter. You continued the rest of the ride in silence. This silence wasn't as awkward as it was the last time you were alone. As you watched the scenery fly by you gasped at the beautiful architecture. I should have got out of the house sooner, London is so beautiful. Even my little neighborhood can't compare to it.
As you peered out the window Sherlock stared at you with a sense of contentment on his face. He studied how your eyes sparkled at each new wonder. The sun was shining brightly today and the way it hit your (H/L)(H/C) hair made you look like you were glowing. When you glanced at Sherlock he quickly looked away. He then cleared his throat, "I believe we're here."
"Already? I was hoping to see a little more before we arrived."
"Well there's a time and place for site seeing and right now is not one of them." Sherlock helped you out if the cab and lead you to Lestrade's office.
You heard whispering and when you turned your head towards it you saw that people were staring. "Sherlock I assume you aren't seen with many women. Especially not in this type of setting."
"What would give you that idea?"
"Oh I don't know maybe because of all the jaws dropped around here."
When Sherlock looked around everyone acted like they were preoccupied with actual work. Eccept two people who still stared like they would understand the more they looked. "Oh don't mind those two they're just Anderson and Donovan."
"Are they an item? They look like they'd totally be together." You heard Sherlock snicker and you look at him confused. "What did I say something funny?"
"Quite possibly." He covered his mouth in an attempt to not laugh. "I do believe they are continuing an affair while Anderson's wife is out of town on business. Want to go find out?"
"I'd love too. Drama is almost always fun." As you walked over to the two they 'got back to work'. When you were standing right in front of them you noticed they smelled the same. "Do you guys share deodorant or something?"
Donovan looked at you with a look of murder on her face. "Oh don't tell me you found another psychopath to be your new sidekick Sherlock. Or did you manage to get yourself a proper girlfriend?"
Sherlock opened his mouth to speak but you spoke before he could let out a single syllable. "Oi it's obvious that no one here is a psychopath. I thought a proper detective would know that. Now it's obvious by how quick you were to get mad that your deodorant is a touchy subject, so maybe we should introduce ourselves. I'm (Y/N)(L/N) Sherlock has already told me who you are Donovan it's nice to meet you." You put your hand out for her to shake but she just scoffed and stormed off. Anderson followed soon after. You leaned towards Sherlock and whispered, " They are totally still having an affair."
Sherlock actually looked slightly impressed. "I haven't seen her that mad since I introduced her to John."
"Maybe she doesn't like the idea of you possibly having friends." You giggled.
Now the look of shock on Sherlock's face was so priceless that's it's a complete shame that you missed it due to looking for Lestrade's office. "Come on Sherlock if I don't talk to Lestrade soon he might give the job offer away to someone else."
Sherlock cleared his throat, "Yes quite right. This way." Strolling off with you right on his heels.