Chapter Seven

That day after school I decided not to take the bus. It takes 45-50 minutes to walk from the school to our house. Speaking of Cam, he texted me a couple times an let me know that he is coming home on Sunday. As I walked I realized that I had NOBODY. I thought deeper into the trail of thoughts that I was almost crying. I need someone, a friend, a pet, yanno? Someone at least.
My track of thoughts were ruined by a car pulling over onto the side of the curb where I was walking, I looked back and began freaking out. Please don't tell me Matt wants round 2... I started to walk a little faster not seeing the mans face but he had something in his hair and glasses covering his eyes. The guy turned to face me as he got out of the car and he screamed
"MADDY" I turn around to see a familiar face. I shiver although it's about 25 degrees outside. He had taken off his sun glasses so I can just see his face and his bandanna in his hair.
*flashback*
"Get on the fucking floor you bitch" He whips my face and I fall to the floor.
Why did I just have a hallucination??
I scream back

"AND YOU ARE?!" I ask playing stupid

He starts to jog towards me, he's wearing a muscle tank top. He puts out his hand and says "taylor" he takes a breath. "taylor caniff baby" he laughs through trying to catch his breath as we stood there talking for about 5 seconds just until I realize who he was. I don't know if he remembers but right when my mom passed away, he was the meanest person to ever walk my way.... Does he not remember me? He told me his story, and he's really good looking now. This was about grade 7 or 8 we are talking. I looked up his hair and brown luscious eye that I suddenly remembered in fright. He told me to call him later on into the day and maybe we can chill out and get to know each other. I quickly back away trying not to make it that visible.
"listen um, Madeline, how long is the rest of your walk home?"
"another 30 mins"
"want a ride?" I kinda do
"sure" I say in return with a forced grin
We get to the house, I open the door to get out and he stops me.
"hey Madeline..." I turn back around "what?" "um I wanted to know..." my face goes blank "nevermind, I'll text you later" with a forced smile "uhm okay?" I answered and shut the door behind me breathing heavily. That was really weird? I thought about what just happened while I got into the house. It was around 5pm when I got changed into more comfortable clothes, I got changed into my loose track pants and my Calvin's. I jumped onto my couch and looked at my phone.
- "hey beautiful" --taylor caniff
- "hey" --matthew espinosa
This Taylor guy can be a quick 1-2 but Matthew is the main reason why I'm looking at my phone.
I answered taylor
"hi"
And Matthew
Me: um hi...
Matthew: what's up?
Me: nothing much hanging out with taylor? I'm still wondering why your texting me...
Matthew: umm wait taylor caniff?

Me: urghh yea????
Matthew: you shouldn't, I mean I'm not the boss of you but like... What ever okay just ok. I though about some stuff. And I'm not going to beat you up for what happened on the bus.
Me: wow tank you, you're so generous. why are you texting me?

Matthew: well i feel like i have to tell you but like you're with...
Me: what?
Me: matthewwww?
Me: hello??
Matthew : I need go. talk to u soon bye

I shut my phone, closed my eyes and let my shattered heart break off and fall to the floor piece by piece. I lied about hanging out with that insane boy, and that is how he reacts? He can't be jealous, he's my bully.. so why is he keeping something hidden from me?

I got up and went to go find my speaker to blast my music through the house, this was my way of drowning out the idiotic thoughts flowing through my mind. I thought about hurting myself on the outside just to stop some of the pain on the inside, but I let the thought flow to the back of my head. I open the door to Cameron's room, I reach for the speaker laying on his dresser. His room is very clean but to my surprise theres a phone by my feet. Did Cameron leave his phone at home?? 

Things get super strange when I click the home button to see the screensaver. Jack Gilinsky and Jack Johnson, their arms wrapped around eachother and they're clenching their jaws. It is a nice picture of them, I just didn't know Cam was a fan of them.. Strange.