Chapter Twenty-Six - Final

Madeline's POV
Matt was let out tonight. It's been a week. It's 8:48 right now and I've got no texts. I usually get texts or calls. I guess I will wait until Jack arrives, hes told me he will be here soon. I called him over because he couldn't make it the night of the visiting at the jail.
He arrives and we sit on my porch. I grab a cold water bottle and put it to my lips. We sit in silence for a while.
"Gilinsky and I will not be friends nor enemies. We are just forgetting each other Jack." I tell the words to Johnson, not wanting to but having to. Forgetting each other..  means we need to too, you and I."
"Right." I say.
"You know this isn't going to be easy. This is so hard for me." He nods as he gets up. "So is this goodbye?" he asks which makes me tear up a bit. "No. It's one of those cheesy 'see you some other day' Jack."
I'm gonna miss Jack so much, and I didn't even get the relationship I wanted with him. He seems like the best, supportive, close guy friend a girl can ask for. I hug him really tight and weep into his shoulder. My phone goes off ringing loud. I let go of Jack and Jack my phone.

Just a twitter notification.

MATTS POV
I walk into my house. Home alone. Perfect. I sit down on my bed. No phone. No anything. Just me, and my thoughts. Too much flowing through my head. I mean A LOT.
You're a bully
You're worthless
Why did you do that to her?
You don't love her
She'd be happy without you
You have school tomorrow though
Nobody likes you there, don't go
Your weekend should come to a complete end.. end it Matthew
You're a liar
Text maddy
Don't do it
You made her try to commit
She failed
It's your turn, do it
Jail, go back
mom and dad
YouTube over, die
Death
You hurt her
That ally was dark, it was the first time I made her cry.
Kicked her rib.
The petition.
Cameron.
Everyone follows you because your ugly and worthless!
Kill yourself.
"I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE" I scream and run into the washroom. My head is spinning in 100 different directions. My vision is blurry. This is it. I look at myself in the mirror this just saying it. All these things will haunt me forever, I might as well put an end to it, an end to all my thoughts. An end to my life.
I open a cupboard and grab anything I see.
I sit down weeping.
Okay matthew. Do it right now. Kill yourself. You're a bully. Do it you idiot!!! You'll make everyone's life easier.
That beautiful girl Madeline, Madeline dallas, her light hair and beautiful green eyes you'll never be able to look into again, that hand that fit perfectly into yours? You won't be able to hold it anymore, but you know what? You hurt her. She will never look at you the same way she first saw you on that school bus way back there. Your smirk she thought it was cute, but she'll never be able to see it. Why? Because when she sees you smirk she thinks of when you raped her and that smirk also reminded her of right before you hurt her, right before you beat her. But guess what?! She'll be happy she doesn't have to live with knowing her 'boyfriend' was her bully' so what are you waiting for?!

KILL YOURSELF MATTHEW LEE ESPINOSA

Pills in my hands,
I gently toss them in my mouth.

It's what everyone wants right?

Madeline's POV
After Jack leaves, anxiety fills my body, I no longer can breathe. I run over to Matthews house, it's dark out. I shouldn't be here. I step onto his property and I reach his house. It's not long until my ears begin to hear sirens and my eyes begin to see lights. Ambulance lights. I sprint into the house past the police shoving them out of my way. His sisters sitting on the stairs sobbing. "W-w-whats going o-on?!" I manage to breathe out. She hugs me and points into the room of Matts.
I walk over to the door, shaking, hands trembling. My hands rush up to my mouth to cover the gasp. I scream in agony.
The last thing I saw was Matthew on the floor breathless. Lifeless. Someone runs in behind me and grabs me by my waist.
I kick and I scream, I yell, I cry, I curse, I shake.
"NO NO" The person pulls me out of the house and on the lawn. I look behind me to see that it is Johnson. "HE'S NOT DEAD! HE'S ALIVE HE'S HAPPY HE'S AMAZING HE'S MINE. THIS CANT BE TRUE NO. HE'S LIVE JOHNSON. F.UCKING TELL ME HE IS!" I scream at the top of my lungs.
"I-I wish I can tell you different Madeline" he says. He's staring at the house in shock. Not the kind of shock that someone has for someone they just mets death. But the shock like he had unfinished business with Matthew. Like he's hiding something from me.
I breathe as my face flashed blue and red reflecting the cop car lights. "No" I whisper, again. I fall into Jacks arms on the lawn. "No" I whisper shaking. My eyes don't even shut. My mind goes blank. Jack kisses my head and rocks me in the grass. "Shhh princess it's ok" Tears continuously stream down my face.

My baby. He is gone.
Forever