(6) Rainy Days

🐾

"I'LL CLEAN THIS UP, you should get ready for bed," I tell Hunter, grabbing the plates on the table so I could wash them.

     We just finished eating dinner after a long day of shopping. Since I was too bummed out that I wasn't really able to buy him anything, I ended up buying other things for him instead, like a towel, a toothbrush, and other personal items that he might need. We even went out to buy groceries. As a dog, I always knew that Hunter liked eating meat, but apparently, this version of him likes it too because he ended up buying tons of it.

     "I should double check on my email again before heading to work tomorrow," I tell myself as I continued washing the dishes. But as I was scrubbing the plate with the new sponge I bought earlier, Hunter suddenly appears behind me and tightly hugs me from the back, almost making me let go of the plate.

    H-Hunter, didn't I tell you to get ready for bed?" I ask, almost making me slap myself because I was sounding like a literal dad now.

     Hunter doesn't let go and hugs me tighter instead, leaning his face so close to mine that my entire body was slowly reacting. I tried to shake him off, but Hunter moves close to my ears and suddenly whispered, "But daddy, I need to take a bath."

     I was finally able to push Hunter away as my chest was beating extremely fast. "Then fuckin' take a bath!" I shouted in complete panic, making Hunter tilt his head to the side like he was confused by what I said.

     The two of us looked back at each other in silence, but when I finally realized why he was waiting for me, I immediately started to shake my head in disapproval. "Fuck no," I tell him. "You are not a dog anymore, which means you can take a bath on your own. And it looked like you were able to take a bath by yourself perfectly fine yesterday, so what's the problem with that?"

     "But you were the one who washed me yesterday."

     Oh shit, I did, didn't I?

     But he was a freakin' dog! Why does he keep ignoring that fact?

     "No, you can take a bath by yourself," I decided, turning back so I could continue washing the dishes.

     "But daddy, you're always the one who washes me," he then says, his voice softer than usual, making all the hair on my skin stand.

     "Please, I'm begging you, for the safety of my precious gay heart, please stop calling me daddy," I say as I finished washing the last plate. But then my eyes widened when I realized that I actually said that out loud. Inner conscience! how could you betray me like this?!

     "You don't want me to call you that anymore?" Hunter suddenly says, making me slowly turn my head in his direction. When I was now facing him, I was surprised to see that Hunter was looking back at me with a more serious expression now, making me gulp as his cold blue eyes intensively watches me.

     "W-Well, you know, it's a bit strange," I answer, and Hunter walks closer to me and asks back, "Strange how?"

     "It's just...you're...bigger than me," I end up saying.

     Hunter smirks and glances at his own body before looking back at mine, "So it's based on the built?"

     "N-Not entirely, but...it's just..." Before I could even think of the right words to say next, Hunter was finally standing right in front of me. He places both hands on the counter behind me, locking me in between his arms. With his eyes staring directly at mine, Hunter licks his lips and whispers in my ear, "If that's the case, then you're supposed to be calling me daddy instead, right?"