The One Where They're On the Edge

-The Mentor's Quarters-
Delta's POV:

I had been texting both Leo and Zadie constantly through the time they had been gone, but mostly Zadie. It was weird, and kinda boring, without either one of them here, and Bree literally took the words right out of my head, "It's really weird not having you here, Leo." We were on facetime with him in the mentor's quarters. "Everybody really misses you."

"It's been two week. When are you coming back?" Chase asked, clearly still feeling guilty about chasing off his step brother and girlfriend. 

Leo shook his head, "I'm sorry, guys. When I said I was done, I meant it. I've hung up my mission suit forever."

"Then can I have it?" Adam blurted, "I found a guy in Japan who's willing to pay top dollar."

Ignoring Adam, I asked Leo, "Are you sure we can't change your mind?"

"Sorry, guys. I'm staying here." Leo apologized again, "I gotta go. Mom's hosting her book club tonight, and I'm in charge of dessert. Turns out my laser spheres caramelized the perfect crème brulee." 

"Ooh, that sounds good." Adam stated, as I nodded in agreement. "Do I, uh, have to read a book to get in on that?" 

Leo scrunched his face, semi-smiling, "Late, guys." 

"I feel bad." Bree huffed as soon as the call ended. "We should've given him more credit."

Chase agreed, "I know, and he deserves to be up there with us at the award ceremony tomorrow."

"Ah, couldn't agree with you more." Adam began to back up, "And that's why he's gonna be. Say hello to the newest member of the bionic team: cardboard Leo."

I laughed, "What is that?" 

"Uh, it's a life-size cardboard cutout of Leo." Adam told me. Well, duh. "Hence the name...cardboard Leo. Pay attention, Del. This stuff isn't that hard."

"I think what she means is, are you crazy?!" Bree explained, "We can't bring that thing to the award ceremony."

"Of course we can, and if things get boring I'm gonna fold him into an airplane and fly him around."

-The Davenport's-
Third Person's POV:

Zadie walked into the Davenport's, nonchalantly, and strolled over to the kitchen, where Leo was applying finishing touches to his desserts. She went to pick up a brownie, but ended up getting her hand slapped by Leo in the process. 

She looked at him confused, "Did you just slap my hand?"

"No?" Leo responded with fear in his eyes. "They're for my mom's book club this afternoon."

Zadie tried to hold back a laugh, remembering the one time she came to Tasha's book club when she was left on the mainland and the others went to the island. "I thought Tracy always brought desserts."

"Well Tracy's on vacation this week!" Leo calmly snapped. 

"Whoa." Zadie was taken back, now moving the refrigerator. "Why are you grumpy...er than usual?"

Leo started taking the desserts to the table as Zadie looked around for any stray snacks. "You know, they called me this morning. They asked when I was coming back."

"You got a call? All I got was a snap from Del saying 'u coming back?'." She joked, "I'm just kidding. They've been up my butt about it too. They feel bad, Leo. Especially Chase." 

"I thought you two were fighting." Leo mentioned, taking the plate of snacks that Zadie was eating off of, out of her hands. 

She shrugged, "I mean, yeah, I was upset, but do you know what two weeks of not talking would've done to our relationship? It would probably cause the problem to get even worse."