The One With All the Tailgating

-Delta's Room-
Delta's POV:

While Zadie was texting her sister and laying at the foot of my bed, I was sitting cross-legged, computer in my lap, and applying for scholarships and housing. It was lowkey surreal. Especially the part that I would be miles from...well, everybody. The worst part was finding a roommate. There were multitudes of girls my age and most of them had sent me a message requesting to be my roommate. 

"How's it coming, Del?" Zadie asked, propping herself up on her elbows. "Find any replacements for me yet?"

I looked up from my screen, "Z, you know no one could replace you... none of these girls are convicted felons."

She jokingly shook her head, "Mm, boring."

"Even though this message should be a felony. Elizabeth Dade from Denver, Colorado wrote 'hey girly! i saw that you were looking for a roommate at lsu & i would absolutely love to be dorm mates. oh, girly, are you planning to rush? we could soo rush together! i would also LOVE to hear about your time with the infamous davenport's...especially adam;) maybe you could even introduce me to them hehe! hope to hear from you soon girly!'  She used the word 'girly' three times. Three."

"Ew." Zadie moved to sitting next to me to look over my shoulder. "What about her? She looks nice."

"Zadie," I deadpanned, looking at her, "That's me."

She squinted, looking closely at the screen, "Really? Your profile pic does not look like you. You, catfish." 

"Maybe if you put in your contacts you could see better."

"I guess. At least you get to go to college. I'm still waiting to hear back from my three of my schools. It's weird. You'd think if I was turned down, I'd at least get a letter, but I haven't heard anything."

"That is kinda weird. When I didn't get into Vanderbilt, they sent me a letter and like three emails. I guess they really wanted me to know that I was not accepted there."

Zadie stifled a laugh and shrugged, "I guess it's no big deal. I mean, I still have my safety school Mission Creek tech."

"Lilly would be so mad. Actually, both she and Tasha would. That's their rival school." I thought a second, "Ooh, just come with me to LSU. Then that way we could be roommates."

"I didn't apply." She deadpanned. 

I shrugged, "Well, I mean, there, just flash 'em and I'm sure they'd let you in."

"With what? I don't have boobs."

"Well fine, I'll flash 'em." I joked. "Z, don't worry. You're gonna get into at least one of your top three."

"I sure hope you're right." 

-The Main Area-
Third Person's POV:

Delta and Zadie walked out to join the others in welcoming Tasha. "Hey, guys, I've got some exciting news. I got us all tickets to the big college football game this weekend at my alma mater." She cheered, "Go, Pioneers! Woo!"

"Trust me, guys, it wasn't much better from back here." Adam shook his head. 

"Football? Pass." 

"You're going." Tasha told her husband. 

"Tasha, if you wanted a sports guy, you should've married one."

"Excuse me?"

Davenport regretted sassing back, "I mean, please don't leave me. I'll go."

"I can't believe I'm gonna have a real-life college experience." Bree happily stated, "Ooh, I wanna be like those kids on TV that paint their faces and scream into the camera."