The One With the Space Elevator

-The Main Area-

Delta's POV:

It had been about a week since the whole Incapacitator fiasco and I had heard nonstop from Adam about how I only had one ability. It was honestly getting on my nerves. 

"Heads up. We've got a visitor coming." Davenport announced. 

Adam stood up and went to the center of the room, "Is it a government agent come to take us away?"

"Your secret's been out for a year. Why would they take you away now?" I deadpanned. 

Adam uncomfortably looked down, "Let's just say, I've done some things."

"It's my chief scientist Dr. Ryan. He is by far the smartest man I have ever worked with." 

Chase crossed his arms, scoffing, "Ahem!"

"Oh, you're right. I am sorry." Davenport put a hand on Chase's shoulder, "I am the smartest man I have ever worked with." He laughed, "Dr. Ryan was head of his class at MIT. And he's been Davenport Industries' employee of the month twice! That's never happened. Well, except, of course for me."

"You named yourself employee of the month at your own company?" Leo judged. Davenport proudly nodded. "I think you love you a little too much."

"It's not because I love myself, it's because I am better than everyone else."

The hydraloop opened and a young guy wearing a plaid short-sleeved top over a black t-shirt and shorts stood up, "Hey, hey! Wassup, dudes? Lady dudes."

Bree looked him up and down, scrunching her face, "This is your esteemed chief scientist?"

Davenport nodded and Dr. Ryans added, "And employee of the month! Got the parking space and everything. I don't drive, but my mom uses it when she picks me up. That's right -twenty-eight, and still living rent-free in my parents' basement. Jealous?"

"I think you forgot to add the word virgin in that introduction." Zadie crossed her arms, causing Davenport to quickly change the subject. 

"Dr. Ryan is here to construct and test Davenport Industries new space elevator."

We followed him over to the screen mounted on the wall. "Eh, space elevator?"

"You see, this is why people are out of shape. You should be building space stairs." Adam commented. 

I pursed my lips and nodded along. Dr. Ryan presented the blue prints that were being shown on the screen, "It's a highly advanced transport that climbs a tether all the way to our space stations. Since it's held up by gravity we can resupply without ever using a rocket." Chase huffed in annoyance causing Dr. Ryan to aggravate him even more, "Chase, you look confused and-or constipated. Do you have a question?"

"Yes. Why is he working on this?The space elevator was my project. I've been working on it for years."

"Yes, but I had to pass it off so you could focus on being a mentor." Davenport explained, "Don't worry, Dr. Ryans' been working off your research."

Zadie shook her head, mumbling, "Not a good idea."

"You gave him my research?!"

Dr. Ryans nodded, "Yes, and it's been very helpful. It's always good to know what's wrong so you can find what's right."

"Ah, no." Chase pulled Davenport to the side. Not like that did anything. We could still hear him. "Mr. Davenport, you can't let him do this."

"Check his resume, Chase. He's one of the greatest minds of our time."