The One With the Balloons

-The Main Area-

Delta's POV:

Things had been pretty normal ever since the Giselle thing. Well, as normal as things can get when living on an island with a bunch of bionic people. I was sitting at one of the desks in the main area, working on my laptop and filling out some scholarship forms for LSU. When Adam, Bree, and Chase walked in, I quickly closed my laptop and turned in my chair to face them.

"Have either one of you seen Leo? He's late for training." Chase asked. 

"Why don't you just call him?" Douglas suggested. 

Adam sighed, "Ugh, too much work. Let's just kick him out of the academy."

I rolled my eyes and dialed his number and connected my phone to the screen so everyone could see. "Hello." He smiled. 

"Leo, what are you doing back in Mission Creek? You're supposed to be here for training." Chase told him. 

"Sorry, I had to pop back and deal with a little situation. Janelle missed me. You ladies can be soo needy."

Bree smiled, "She threatened to break up with you, didn't she?" 

"It was implied." Leo said, uncomfortably as we heard a doorbell ring in the background, "Ah! She's here!" 

"Can you believe him?" Chase motioned to the screen. "Skipping his training to hang out with a girl?" 

Adam shrugged, "You might understand it better one day when you actually have one."

"I'm dating Zadie." He deadpanned. 

Adam looked to the left and right, "I'm gonna need proof of that."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head at my boyfriend, as Bree realized, "Actually, where is Zadie?"

"She was still sleeping when I took a shower after breakfast...and that was at one o'clock." I stated, "I'll go wake her up." and walked down to her room. When I opened the door, she wasn't in her bed. "Zadie?"

"I'm in here...puking out my guts." She called from the bathroom floor. 

"Are you okay?" I stood at the doorway. 

She someone sat up, "No. I've been in here for like three hours."

"Why didn't you call one of us?" I extended a hand to help her stand up. 

Zadie shrugged, "I don't know" as she walked out and sat on the edge of her bed. She was acting really awkward and fidget-y. 

"Wait, Z, you don't think you're-"

"No." She strongly stated, before looking to the side and becoming uncomfortable, "Maybe. I'm sure it's just a stomach bug." Zadie stood up, trying to convince herself more than me. "I probably just picked it up when I went to Wren's school last week."

I calmly stood up, "Maybe you should call Jamie, and go home today. Just to make sure."

"No, Delta." She mocked, "There's nothing to make sure about. Except...you not telling anyone."

"Z, I think you should at least go to the store and get a test. I'll come up with an excuse for why you're gone." 

She shook her head, "No, Chase would be suspicious. I'm fine now. Feeling much better."

I made a gesture, "That just proves it even more..."

She crossed her arms, pointing a finger at me, "I'm not! Let's just go."