The Awakening

Cameron's POV:

I woke up in a hospital bed. Why was I here?

A doctor came running in.

"Hey Cameron, how are you feeling?"

"I feel just fine, but why am I here? What happened?" I looked at my arms, they were all scraped up and bruised. Did I get beat up?

"Do you remember anything?" He asked. I remembered that Nash was gone... really slummed my mood.

"I remember I got in a fight with Hayes... on the way to Nash's funeral."

"Anything else?"

"No..." I was so confused. "What happened?"

The doctor sighed. "Cameron, you tried to take your own life."

I sat there. Speechless. I remembered it all.

"I LIVED?!" I croaked out. He scratched the back of his head.

"That's the second time I have heard that one today. You are in a suicidal prevention hospital. You will get better, don't worry." And with that, he left. I got up and went to the bathroom, this was crazy. I looked in the mirror, there was a huge gash with a bruise growing along it on my forehead. I didn't even feel it when I woke up. What the heck? I walked out to find my clothes, my phone was in my back pocket, basically shattered, but it still worked. I got texts from all the boys, tweets from my fans, and calls from my mom. I decided to call my mom first.

"Cameron?" My mom yelled.

"Hi mom." This conversation was going to be awkward. "You are okay?" She cried, a happy cry.

"Yeah mom, I'm alright." I smiled, she sounded so relieved. It already made me rethink why I would ever bother to take my life.

"I'll be there as soon as possible. The funeral continued on without you, I'm sorry you didn't get to see him being burried." She sighed.

"It's okay. I'll visit when I get out of here." I tried to sound positive, but my heart felt broken.

"Okay Cam, I love you so much."

"Love you too." I hung up and sighed. What is there to do in a hospital like this? I put my pants on, I felt very uncomfortable in just a hospital gown. I sneaked out of my room and walked down the hallway. Patients filled every room. There was a boy who looked my age, there was a girl who looked the age of 12... Why would she want to take her life? At such a young age? This place gave me the shivers. It was so sad, so painful to look at each patient. There was one room left at the end of the hall, the door was open, so I walked in. There was a girl, she looked about my age, with her face in her hands, crying her eyes out. She looked so sad. I sat at the edge of her bed.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked. She looked up at me, she was beautiful. She looked at me. Speechless. Did she know who I was?

"Cameron... I um...." She started to cry harder. "I'm so sorry..." She said. What was she sorry for?

"For what?" I asked, I grabbed her hand, trying to comfort her, but she pulled away quickly.

"Everything." I didn't know what she was talking about. "I think it would be best if you don't talk to me again." Those words hit me too hard, and I'm not sure why. She seemed so interesting, and my heart felt a pull to hers.

"I understand... I guess." I nodded and walked out. I ran to my room and slammed the door.

"FUCK." I screamed. Everything felt broken. I was so broken.

No. I'm not going to give up, not like last time. I'm stronger than that. I will show everyone how I will pull through. And I will get to know that girl.