twenty one

Serena's POV:

I wake up to the sweet sound of beeping cars. Ah, California traffic is always crazy. It was a Monday, so morning rushhour was still in place. I loved this patio. It was so relaxing, I could actually think without needing to write it down. Oh shit... Where is my notebook? I was looking all over for it, but it was no where to be found. I thought I had it with me. I wanted to write these thoughts down, because I don't think my mind would travel this far ever again. I ran downstairs, looking around to make sure I didn't misplace it.

"Are you looking for something?" A voice asked. I turned around and saw Mr. Carter Reynolds. I never found him overly attractive, but yet again, I had only seen him on my phone screen.

"Um, yeah. I can't find my notebook." I told him.

"I'll help you look." He said and walked into the kitchen. He came back and shrugged.

"Sorry, I can't find it." He sighed. "I'll ask Cam if he has seen it." He said and walked up the stairs. Damn, he was way hotter in person. I started to worry about my book. What if Cameron found it? What if he read it? I tried to calm myself down, I don't believe he would read it. Only because last time he did, he fucked over my life, and all I hoped was that he cared enough not to fuck it up again.

Carter's POV:

I walked into Cam's room and found him reading a notebook.

"Ah, so that's where it went!" I said, ripping it out of his hands.

"What?" He said, confused.

"Serena was looking for it. Little does she know that you had it the whole time." I started to walk out of the room.

"Carter." I turned around, his eyes were glossy.

"Don't tell her. Please."

"Why would you even bother reading any of it? Last time that happened you freaked-" He cut me off.

"I'm looking for her secrets on what she is thinking. Not clues." He sighed, as did I.

"I won't tell." I said and he smiled faintly. We walked back down to the kitchen to find Serena.

Serena's POV:

I continued to look until I saw Carter come downstairs with my notebook.

"Oh my gosh thank you! Where did you find it?" I asked.

"I found it in the attic. You must have dropped it when we went up to the patio." Cameron said, coming into view behind Carter.

"Ah, well thanks boys." I sighed and they nodded. "I'm Serena." I said to Carter, putting my hand out.

"Carter Reynolds." He said, shaking my hand. "So, how long will you be staying with us?" He asked. Honestly, I didn't know. I only assumed just for the night, but I really liked it here. I had nowhere else to go anyway.

"I think she should move in." Cameron said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I suddenly felt as if it was a step too far.

"Oh no, I couldn't."

"It's no big deal, you don't need to worry about anything." Carter said, smiling. I felt bad taking the offer, but where would I go otherwise? I nodded my head and they smiled.

"Great!" Cameron said excitedly, "So, I think it would be best to start going shopping. For clothes, bedroom decorations, tolietries..."

"Um, with what money?" I looked down at my feet. He lifted my chin and whipped out a credit card.

"It's on me." He winked and we walked out of the house.