eleven

Cam's POV:

Ever since Serena's birthday, she has been really distant. Yeah, I still see her, but she doesn't hug me, hang out with me, and every conversation we have is small. I can't get her out of my head, and I leave tomorrow. I don't want to leave her on bad terms, and all I want is to go back to normal. I want to figure things out.

I had just gotten back from a therapy session with Dr. Johnson. I walked down the hall and went to the cafeteria to get some fruit. I grabbed an apple and banana from the huge bowl that's open to all patients. As I was leaving, I ran right into Serena, and she dropped everything in her hands.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry babe." I said helping her pick up her things. She didn't reply to me so I just continued to help her. She dropped her phone, a pen, and a notebook that I have never seen her have.

"Ohhh I have never seen this." I said, flipping through the pages of the book. From what I could see, every page was filled with words.

"Stop." She said bluntly, and ripped it out of my hands. There was an long silence, much too long.

"Want to come to my room and we can hang out maybe? It's my last night." I asked her.

"Um, I'm busy. Sorry." And with that, she ran away. I could tell she was lying. I just really wanted to know what happened between us. She won't even give me the time of day anymore...

~

I have been sitting in my room all day, doing nothing. I didn't have anyone to spend time with on my last day here, which sucks. I decided to go thank my doctors, Dr. Johnson especially. I went to Dr. Johnson's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" She chirped, and I stepped in.

"Oh hi Cameron. I didn't expect you to be coming back." She smiled.

"I don't need anything, I just wanted to say thank you for getting me through such a hard time in my life. You are probably the main reason why I am still here today." I said, trying to smile.

"Aw Cameron, I didn't do too much to help you out." She walked over to me and rested her hand on my shoulder. "The person you should be thanking is Serena." I sighed at her response, and she gave me a confused look.

"She doesn't really talk to me anymore..." I looked down at my shoes.

"I'm sure she's just upset that she isn't leaving like you are." She led me out the door. "I think you should go talk to her." She said and I nodded.

"Thank you." I said and ran up to Serena's room. I knocked on the door, there was no response. I walked in and no one was in there, but her notebook was sitting on her bed. I wanted to know why she ripped it out of my hands earlier today. I wanted to know everything about her, and I'm sure whatever is in this book won't change my mind about her.

I opened the book and flipped through the dates. I started on the first page and read.

'Dear notebook,

This is very cliché of me to be writing in a notebook like this, but it's the only place I know I can say something and not be caught.

About a month ago, I did something terrible. More terrible than you could think of. I killed someone...'

I stopped for a minute. Why would she do that?

'And this person wasn't just anyone, It was a Nash Grier.'

My heart sunk down to my chest. My eyes grew watery. I felt dumb, easy, and ashamed of myself. This girl I have been falling for is coming for me next, I'm sure.

"Cameron?" A voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up and saw Serena, and she looked just as upset as I did. She saw the notebook in my lap, she knew exactly what happened.

"Cameron, please give me-" She pleading to me.

"HOW COULD YOU?" I yelled in her face and ran out of the room. She was a murderer, I wanted her arrested.

I ran to the nearest phone, there was one at the doctor's desk. I rang up 911. I heard doctors asking me what I was doing and what was going on, I just didn't reply.

"911, what is your emergency."

"THERE IS A PATIENT HERE WHO KILLED MY BEST FRIEND LAST MONTH." I yelled into the phone.

"What is your evidence?"

"I READ HER NOTEBOOK AND IT WAS WRITTEN IN PRINT."

"Okay, well we will be there soon. We need to see if your evidence is real. What is your location?" I gave her the location, and within a minute, two policeman were here.

"Excuse me, who was the one that called?" All the doctors were confused, and I raised my hand.

"She's in that room." I pointed to her door. The door was shut, so I assumed she was inside. I followed the two men as they opened the door.

"FREEZE." He asked, and Serena lifted her arms up in surrender. She looked so weak, I felt terrible. Wait, no I didn't! She killed my best friend.

"I need to see your notebook." One of the men took her notebook and examined it.

"And this is yours?" He asked, she nodded in shame. She grabbed her and put her in handcuffs, saying the miranda rights. She just stared at me. She looked so hopeless and upset. It broke my heart inside, but what she did was not worth any sympathy. They walked out of her room and the docotrs began to yell at the police.

"You can't arrest her?! She isn't done here yet!" A doctor yelled.

"We can do whatever we want." One of the policemen yelled.

The policemen walked out with Serena, she looked like she was about to break, and it was all my fault.