thirty one

Serena's POV:

Ever since I ran into Jack the other day, we have became very close. He has gotten my mind off of Cameron, which is all I needed.

I had my appointment today with Dr. Johnson which honestly, I was scared for. I didn't know what to tell her. Like, "So I'm here to tell you that I was knocked out in dance class and I had a dream where I fell in love with a famous viner and we ended up in the hospital and I met you in it?"... LIKE I CAN'T SAY THAT! I just am lost and confused I guess.

I had plans with Jack to go to breakfast in an hour, so I showered and put on a cute little dress I bought a few months ago. I put on some makeup and put my hair in a nice bun and walked out. I walked to the restaurant we were eating at down the street and found him standing inside.

"You look beautiful." I smiled at his compliment towards me.

"You don't look so bad yourself." I said and we sat down at a table.

"So, how was dance last night?" He asked me. We continued to talk about everything in our lives. We shared some stories, talked about our families, but never did I bring up Cameron. I didn't want him thinking I was crazy within the first few days of knowing him.

"So I have some friends coming tonight and they are staying for the weekend for an event." He said, and I nodded.

"Can I meet them?" I asked.

"Of course!" He said, smiling. "I was actually hoping you would come with me to the event this weekend." He asked.

"I would love to!" I asked and he smiled. He was such a nice guy, and I had only known him for so long.

"I have an appointment today at 12, so I should get going." I said, noticing that it was already 11:30.

"Alright, text me and maybe you can meet my friends tonight." He said, hugging me.

"Alright, bye Jack!" I said, walking out of the restaurant and to my apartment. I went straight to my car and left my apartment complex. I sat in my car, thinking about what I was going to say, but I had no idea. I arrived at the hospital, and all I can think about is Cameron. Our memories here, how we met, my birthday, when we watched transformers, it was all so weird, because none of it happened. I walked in, and I knew exactly where to go. I went to the therapy wing to check in.

"Hi, I have an appointment with Dr. Johnson." I said to the lady at the desk.

"Are you Serena Quinn?" She asked and I nodded. "Down the hall and to the right." She said, even though I alright knew where it was. I thanked her and went to her room. Before I entered, I took a breath.

'don't say anything crazy Serena.' I thought to myself, and then I opened the door. I look to see Dr. Johnson's office set up as it was in my dream, as well as she did.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Johnson." She said, putting out her hand for me to shake it.

"Serena." I said, shaking her hand.

"Take a seat." She said, gesturing me to a chair.

"So tell me about yourself." She asked. I felt weird needing to tell her about me, when last time we met, she already knew every detail of my life.

"Well, I'm Serena, I go to NYU, major in dance, minor in philosophy. I have a mom that lives in Syracuse, and I lived in Syracuse my whole life basically. I was born on July 15th, 1995, and I'm 19- I mean 18 years old." I said, remembering that I hadn't turned 19 yet.

"Wow, NYU, that's big." She said, shuffling through her papers. I shrugged my shoulders, not knowing what to say.

"So, what brings you here? Anything in particular?" She asked, pulling out a clipboard with a survey sheet on it.

"Yeah, I really don't know how to put this without sounding crazy." I scratched the back of my head, not knowing what to say.

"Just tell me what you're thinking, I'm not the one to judge." She said and smiled.

"Alright." I took a breath. "So at dance the other day, I hit my head on the barre and I was blacked out for about an hour, but I had a dream that felt like a year." I could hear her scribbling things down on her paper.

"What was the dream about?" She asked me.

"Well, it was crazy. I killed a famous viner, Nash Grier, who had tried to rape me, leading to me trying to kill myself because of guilt.. so I ended up in this hospital.. and then I met Nash's best friend in this hospital, Cameron Dallas. Cameron and I fell in love basically. Then he found out I killed Nash and sent me to jail..." I looked down at my feet.

"Go on." She said.

"Then I was released from jail, because I had killed Nash for defense, so there were no charges. All this crazy stuff happened, but then somewhere in this whole mess of a dream, Cameron and I found each other and fell in love all over again." I sighed. "Then I woke up to it all being a dream." She looked at her paper with wide eyes.

"Um, well Serena, I need you to not freak out here." She said, trying to keep her own self calm.

"I won't." I said, puzzled.

"I have this survey I'm supposed to take to find the cure to whatever the mental disease is that you have... and well yours is incredibly rare." She said, showing me the survey. I scanned it and then finally found the name.

"Prediction of the future." It read.

"You really think I predicted the future?" I ask. She nodded, putting the clipboard back on the desk.

"The thing is, when a person has a dream of someone else, while predicting the future, that 'someone else' has predicted it as well." She said. I was stunned.

"So, you need to find this Cameron Dallas."