ten

Serena's POV:

I woke up to the busy doctors running around outside my room. Damn, wondering why it's so crazy today. I got up, took a shower, and put on something decently presentable. I was wearing a pair of jean shorts from american apparell and one of Cam's t-shirts. I checked my phone.

9:47 am, July 15th, 2014.

Wait, oh my God. It was my birthday. I totally forgot... I bet everyone else did too. I did get texts from my old friends and my mom saying happy birthday, but I don't think any of my docotrs knew, let alone Cameron. I sighed and slid my phone in my back pocket. I walked out of my room and to my surprise, there was no one in the hallway. I could've swore I heard so many people this morning outside, how could everyone just disappear? I went to the cafeteria and there were some of the other patients in there, but no doctors, and no Cameron. I decided not to worry about it and just get my food. After I got some oatmeal and orange juice, I sat down at the table Cam and I always sit at breakfast. Cam never came to breakfast, that really confused me. He always comes to breakfast. I went to his room, to go check and see if he was okay, He wasn't even in his room. I was a little upset, my birthday has already started to suck. I sighed in defeat and loneliness and strolled back to my room. I opened my room door and the room filled with all of my doctors and Cameron.

"SURPRISE!" They all yelled, startling me a bit. The room was decorated with party streamers and balloons. A huge smile grew on my face, I can't believe they did this for me. Everyone sang happy birthday and Cam gave me a little vanilla cake with a candle on top. I blew out the candle and everyone cheered.

After the little celebration, all the doctors left and got back to work, so Cam and I ate some of the cake.

"Who's idea was it to surprise me?" I said while eating a slice of cake.

"I don't mean to take all the credit, but I did." He blushed.

"Awh Cam." I said while kissing him on the cheek. "Thank you so much."

"Anything for you babe." He paused. "So I have some news..." He said, looking down.

"What is it?"

"I have been getting better, a lot better actually, and the doctors told me that I get to leave in 4 days." He forced a smile on his face, why wasn't he happy?

"Cam that's amazing! I'm so happy for you." I said and he sighed loudly. "What's wrong?"

He took a deep breath, "You aren't leaving any time soon, are you?" He asked me. He knew the answer, but I just shook my head.

"I just don't want you in this hospital anymore, and it kills me that you make me so happy, and I don't do a thing for you." He clenched his fists.

"That's not it Cam, you do make me happy." I said, rubbing his back.

"Then why can't you leave yet?" I stood up from the bed, his voice grew angry.

"It's nothing you need to worry about." I looked down at my lap.

"It's nothing I need to worry about? You are all that worry about, you are all that I care about!" He was mad, his eyes were fuming and his lips were tensed up. "I just want to know why you would even bother hurting yourself. I know you don't find yourself ugly, fat, dumb, or anything like that. You have no reason to hate yourself! I don't get it!" He banged on the wall, trying to relieve pressure.

"Cameron," I said as sweetly as I could. He turned to me and his eyes lightened up a bit. "I'm just not ready to tell anyone, and I don't think I ever will be. I'm sorry." I teared up a bit. I started to think about Nash and what I had done to him. I started to feel awful, for killing Cam's best friend.

"It's okay, I understand." He said sweetly and he sat back down next to me. I felt bad sitting next to him. I felt bad talking to him.

"Cameron, I need to call my mom, I hope you don't mind." I said.

"I don't mind." He kissed my forehead and walked out the door.

I didn't need to call my mom, but I had to get Cameron out of my room. I felt bad ever knowing him now... His words really hit me. My thoughts were flooding my mind and I didn't know what to do. All I could do was cry. I cried and cried and I couldn't stop, until Dr. Johnson came in. She gave me a hug and let me cry in her arms, but all I wanted was to be in Cameron's arms, even though I knew I was the cause for his suicide.