thirty three

Serena's POV:

As soon as I got back to my apartment, I checked my phone and tweeted, since I hadn't tweeted all day.

"Gave up on you." I tweeted. IT was a HUGE indirect to Cameron. I checked my mentions and saw I had gained a few followers.

'@jackjackjohnson is now following you!

@jackgilinsky is now following you!

@Nashgrier is now folling you!'

Of course, no Cameron. I followed them all back, and fell on my bed. I was aggravated. I wasn't going to talk to Cameron this weekend. He knew what we had, and he just acted as if it never happened. Well, it didn't really happen, but it happened for the both of us. The way he said my name, the look in his eye, I just knew. My phone went off and I saw a text from a number I didn't have in my contacts.

"Hey it's Nash!" It read. I could see Nash and I being really good friends. He was really nice, I guess he's just dangerous when he's drunk. I mean, it was also just a dream. According to Cameron, the dream didn't mean anything. I texted him back and sighed. I was going to give up on Cameron, because I knew that he gave up on me. Maybe Nash was better for me. I don't know, maybe even Gilinsky. I just saw Gilinsky as a friend, but you never know. Maybe even Johnson! For all I know. All I know is, never again will it be Cameron.

Nash's POV:

I scrolled through Serena's tweets, trying to learn more about her.

"Gave up on you." Her last tweet read, she tweeted it about 10 minutes ago. Something about her was interesting, and different. I sat down on Gilinsky's bed as he layed there on his phone.

"Yo dude, can I have Serena's number? I just want it because she seems cool and I don't want to steal her for you or anything I just-"

"Dude, don't sweat it! We're just friends. As beautiful as she is, we don't seem compatible." He said laughing, handing me his phone with Serena's contact in it. I entered her number into my phone and texted her right away.

"Hey it's Nash!" I sent to her. I smiled at my phone. I really wanted to get to know her. I was worried that Cameron was going to get to her before me, but their encounter earlier was more than awkward. It almost looked as if they knew each other, but after they shook hands, I knew that wasn't the case.

After a few hours of hanging with the Jacks, we headed to our hotel. When we got to our room, I sat down and checked my phone.

"Hey Nash!" Serena replied a while ago. I quickly answered, apologizing for not texting back sooner.

"Yo, who are you texting?" Cameron asked.

"Serena." I smiled, and he ripped my phone out of my hands.

"Why?!" He was furious, and I had no fucking idea why.

"Chill bro, we're just talking." I took my phone back. "What has gotten into you? Ever since your concussion, you have been acting all weird." I confronted him. It was true, he hadn't been himself. He looked at his feet and let goed of a breath I didn't know he was holding. He sat down next to me, then ran his fingers through his hair.

"I know her." He started. "I dreamed about her." He said. I couldn't believe it. It made sense why he woke up asking about a girl named Serena in the hospital. Everything was falling into place. Except for one thing.

"Then when you met.. why.." I couldn't find the words to say.

"I didn't know if she knew who I was. It was a dream that I had, so how was I supposed to know if she had the dream too?" He sighed. "But now I do, I saw it in her eyes. I know her eyes, it would've shown if she didn't know mine yet. But she was familiar with them. They locked, and I knew... But I got scared and introduced myself." His jaw tensed up, he was angry.

"I'll give you her number... if you want." I said, I didn't know how to comfort him in a situation so... unrealistic. I didn't even know if I believed him. It just didn't make sense. Even though all the pieces fit, it just created one impossible masterpiece.

"I don't need her number, I just need to tell her how I feel." He said, standing up and walking out of them room.

Usually, I would fight to get her back, but something told me Cameron should have her.

He deserved her.