twenty five

Serena's POV:

"So, do you want to talk about it?" Cameron asked me, shutting my bedroom door. I nodded, I felt like he needed to know. Even though he went through my journal, his intentions were in the right place. He was trying to help, not to hurt. I nodded and we both sat on my bed.

"She was a smoker, smoked a few packs a day. She never got sick or anything like that, so she never felt like it would affect her. Well, one day, her lungs just stopped... being lungs. She was in the hospital for a few days, doing surgeries and what not just to keep her breathing... obviously it didn't work." I felt my throat clog up. "After her funeral, I went back to college, trying to pay the loans I owed for my tuition. After a month, I didn't have any money myself and I couldn't find a job anywhere. I had to drop out of college, so I called Ian. I asked him if he had any money to fly me out there. He did and then I got a job at a clothing shop in downtown LA. I was working with minimum wage, but I had enough money to buy my own apartment. After some time, prices started to rise. I sold my phone, everything, but I still couldn't pay off the loans of my apartment. About 2 months ago, I got kicked out and had to live on the streets." I sighed, I didn't look at him. It would be a trap.

"I don't know what to say to that." He replied.

"Yeah, but then I took a hip hop class... Never did I think that would be the answers to my prayers." I smiled.

"What? A new house?"

"No."

"Then what were you praying for?"

I reached out and pressed my lips to his. Damn, did I miss this feeling. I pulled away, our foreheads still touching.

"You." I whispered, lust and love filled my voice.