Chapter 6

Gradually Husn and Ziya became really good friends. Most of the time they would be together talking or laughing because their relationship was a unique one that cannot be decribed. Hania took on a part tine job in the evening to teach muslim students a bit of islamic studies so she would come home late while Ziya had to prepare the dinner. Whenever Husn come early he would surely help Ziya and both would have lots of fun in the kitchen.

One day Husn and Ziya were home alone. They were watching TV while sitting in the living room. No wonder how suddenly Husn came near her and held Ziya's hand while speaking out his heart.

Husn : "Ziya! You're such a pretty girl i feel like i am seriously in love with you and i want to settle down with you. I don't know why i am attracted towards you. Besides you're a really good girl and your love for deen(religion) makes you even more beautiful. I really wanna have a future with you. I will not force you but do think about it. It has been more than 1½ year since we're living together under the same roof. Why don't we make this relationship a legal one? I like you a lot and this friendship of ours will forever be in my heart."

Ziya : "Husn! Before wanting to accept me you should be aware of my past and believe my i had a really horrible past so i don't think you will still stick to ths decision of yours after hearing my truth."

Husn : "Horrible past?? And what if i tell you i don't want to know about it at all. I just want to accept you and makes you part of my future because you're already my present."

Ziya : (looking in Husn's eyes) "I seriously want you to know because i really like you and if ever we decide to get married i don't want to hide anything from you because no relationship can be based on a lie. That is my point of view."

Husn : "So what is that truth?"

Ziya was about to narrate the whole story when she received an urgent call from the school for a meeting. She rushed to the school. Hania joined her there. When the meeting was over, Hania had to go and meet her fiancé, Arshad. So Ziya made her way back to home but suddenly she bumped into someone and while saying sorry she realised it was Anush. Ziya was shocked and she stood still yet she was happy to see him after so many years. She did not hesitate to greet Anush while kissing him on his cheeks and hugging him...

Anush similarly was quite shocked upon the positive reaction of Ziya. They sat down on a nearby bench. Ziya enquired about Mehek, but Anush was silent. He had no answer to this question. Ziya found it a bit strange and asked for the second time because she wanted to see her friend.
Ziya: "How is Mehek?"

Anush then replied: "I don't know. We don't live together and we did not even get married. We are no more in touch (with a sad voice)"

Ziya was so shocked, unable to utter a single word and hesitant to ask what happened. But Anush replied seeing the expression of Ziya.

"Well Mehek and i just broke up because of some family issues a few days before the wedding. Now all i want is to get over it that is why after expanding my business in Mauritius i decided to establish one of my company in Canada. This is the main reason i am over here today."

Ziya: "I am so sorry. I did not know anything about it. Infact i was looking forward to attend your wedding but because of my confirmation letter i had to rush to Canada."

Anush: "That's perfectly fine. The wedding itself did not happened. Don't worry you did not miss anything (smiling) Anyway you tell me, how's life?"

Ziya: "All okay. By the way, when did you came here?"

Anush: "It has been nearly 2 weeks since i am here. So tell me a bit about you now, are you married?"

Ziya: (laughing mischievously) "No! And i do not even want to. Don't worry, it's not about you. I am just not ready for a relationship."

Anush: "You know, i never thought i will be alone today. Mehek was the only girl i found worthy for me yet she could not became mine. After the break up we never talked again even though i tried to contact her several times but she rejected my calls and blocked me. Is it like i am paying for my sins committed in the past. Maybe i am enduring these pains because i made so many people sad because of me (literally crying and wiping off his tears) i really loved her and i wanted to be with her but maybe Almighty Allah had other plans for me."

Ziya was really affected by his words and she became emotional. Without thinking she just hugged Anush to make him feel better and asked him to calm down. Anush even hugged her back. After a few minutes he became quiet. Anush thanked her for being his support. Ziya was unable to see his pain because she knew exactly how it feels to be rejected and ignored. She understand really well through which situation Anush is going.

Ziya: "Well now that you are in Canada we'll be in touch definitely and if you're not busy maybe we could catch up for a coffee or lunch."

Anush: "Well coffee and lunch for some other time. Would you mind if i ask you to show me how wonderful Canada is?"

Ziya: "Not a bad idea Mr.Anush (smiling) sure we'll go. How about this weekend? Because i work during weekdays. Will that be okay for you?"

Anush: "Of course Miss.Ziya. Let's meet at this very location on saturday at 9 o'clock."

Ziya: "Done. If you don't mind, give me your phone number in case there is a change."

Anush and Ziya exchanged their phone numbers and address as well. Soon Ziya realised it was getting dark and she had to rushed back home. They said goodbye to each other and went their way.

Once Ziya reached home, Hania and Husn were waiting for her anxiously. They did not even let her breath and jumped over her with lots of questions.

"Where were you? Where have you been? Could you not inform us you would come late? You know how much we were worried? We called you so many times, could you not pick the phone? Or atleast you could have messaged us!" Said Husn.

Ziya: "Ouffff. Atleast give me sometime to breath Husn. Wait! (taking out her phone and seeing nearly 60 missed calls + 25 messages from Husn and 5 missed calls Hania). Feeling a bit guilty she apologised and said that because of the school meeting her phone was on silent mode. She did not even checked her phone as she met an old friend and they were talking.

Ziya was extremely tired and went to take a quick shower as she was also very hungry. Thankfully Husn was at home and he made dinner. They all sat together and ate their dinner. Husn was constantly looking at Ziya at the dining table. Ziya completely forgot that Husn proposed to her earlier. Poor Husn, waiting for a reply on Ziya's behalf...