-Chapter 41-

Vote if you enjoy!

My pace quickens as I walk through the corridors. I know where I'm going. I know who I need to see. Most students are on the way to dinner, and as I pass them in the corridor they glance at me and mutter amongst themselves, or avoid me entirely. When I finally reach the Slytherin common room, I mutter the password and push through the heavy doors. I stumble into the dark room, noticing how empty it is. I drop my trunk to my side.

The room is almost entirely empty, save for a small congregation of people across the room from me. My heart rate quickens, and a grin creases my face that I can't even try to fight. Draco paces back and forth across the dimly lit room. Pansy is perched on the back of the couch closest to him, her eyes on me, smirking in amusement because Draco hasn't seen me yet. Blaise sits on the couch behind her, and Crabbe and Goyle are mumbling to each other over by the fire. Pansy hits Draco lightly, nodding towards me. He freezes, turning. 

My eyes meet his. I kick off at a run and race towards him, reaching him and throwing my arms around his neck. He pulls me into a tight embrace, pressing me into his chest, breathing heavily. I press my face into his shoulder, sobbing breathless sobs into his skin. He kisses my head before pulling back, his hands finding my face and brushing my tears away.

"You're an idiot," He chuckles,

"I know," I whisper,

"You scared me,"

"I'm sorry."

His thumb lightly brushes over my lips, and I pull him into a kiss. His hands slip down around my waist, my hands in his hair. His mouth opens to mine, desperately, and he pulls me closer to him.

"You two are gross," Pansy says,

Draco laughs into my mouth, pulling away. I blush, looking over at Pansy, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle. I giggle, walking over to her and hugging her. We hug for the briefest second before she pushes me off.

"Ew get your germs off of me," She laughs, and I roll my eyes.

I laugh, elbowing her and going to hug Blaise over the back of the couch. He doesn't say anything to me of note, other than hello. Crabbe and Goyle awkwardly wave at me.

Draco comes up and hugs me from behind, resting his head on mine. My welcome party head towards the Great Hall, leaving Draco and me alone in the common room. He laughs, turning me around and kissing me once, quickly, before pulling back, is nose still touching mine.

"I told you so,"

"What?"

"I told you that you'd save someone. I told you. You should listen to me more often."

"I suppose," I mumble, kissing him again. He pulls away, and I pout. He chuckles at me, pushing a strand of hair off my face, smirking triumphantly and rolling his eyes.

"Eager," He laughs, turning and leading me towards the door.

"Shut up," I grumble, stepping through the door after him. We walk in silence down the corridors, our hands intertwined until we reach the Great Hall.

"How's your dad?" I ask quietly, half expecting to be ignored. I know that Lucious was arrested and will probably face time in Azkaban. He hesitates, glancing at me, then down to his feet, sucking in a breath.

"He's ok. Angry, but ok." he mutters, "All eyes are on us, though, with the trial and everything. We need to be careful."

I nod, he means us. We need to be careful. Him and me. My hand absentmindedly slips down into his and I squeeze it, trying to reassure him. He pulls his hand from mine, and my heart falters for a moment before he wraps it tightly around me, pulling me to him and kissing the side of my forehead. I giggle, looking up at him smiling. He looks happy, though not as happy as I am. There's a fear behind his eyes. He knows things are going to change now.

"Oh, I almost forgot," I say, trying to lighten the mood, "I'm getting sorted next year. For real. I asked McGonagall."

His eyes widen and he grins, squeezing him to me tighter, "That's- That's great!" He falters, brushing his fingers lightly up and down my arm, "But what if you're not sorted into Slytherin?"

I sigh, my eyes falling on the doors to the Great Hall. I step up onto my toes and kiss him one more time before we enter. "We'll have to wait and see I suppose," I mumble, and he slips out from my arms, making his way through the doors.

I wait five minutes before following him. I push through the large doors and look up.

A silence falls over the cheerfully lit tables, the students stop eating. All eyes fall on me. I gulp, frozen in place. I take another step into the room, watching as the other students glance around at each other, waiting. I hear a curfuffle at the Slytherin table and I look over to see Pansy pushing plates and cups out of the way, stepping up onto the table and clapping. Loudly.

Slowly, like the beginning of a rainstorm, others start joining. Fred and George get up onto the Gryffindor table. The entire Army stand and start cheering, laughing, and on Hermione's part, crying. The Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws stand too, end even the professors get up to cheer me on. I hook my fingers around the cuff of my sleeve and pull it up to reveal my scar. I hold my arm up high, showing it to everyone. Not proud exactly, but alive.

I'm alive. I survived. I won.

Soon Pansy does the same. Then half of Slytherin. Then the Army. Within seconds everyone with a scar is holding it up, showing it to everyone like I do mine. I feel an ache in my throat and my eyes begin to water. I'm not alone. No one else is alone. There's always someone else. Someone who can help.

I feel someone tap my shoulder, and I spin around to see Harry. He almost jumps back when I face him, looking at me fearfully and taking a few steps back. The crowd dies down, some people watching us, others eating their food. The joy in my heart retreats, leaving pain in it's place as my eyes meet Harry's.

Shakily, he steps forward.

xxx

Hello!

Dunno if this'll be my only update for this weekend or if I'll finish the whole book off but yea that's cool

Also

Also also

You might get another video for Christmas but no promises 😉

ALSO I SAW THE LAST JEDI AT MIDNIGHT WHEN IT CAME OUT ITS AMAZING

See you soon!

Taylor xx