Chapter 10: FRESH START

"Papa! Where's my pasalubong?" A tall guy smiled at the excited four year old kid.

He rather gave her a kiss and pat on the head first.

"Good girl ka ba kay mama?" He asked.

The little girl nodded enthusiastically with a wide smile on her face.

He showed her the box of doughnuts he hides a little earlier.

The girl screams out of excitement. "Ate, let's go! Let's eat these inside!" The grabs the box carelessly.

Her ate smiles at her sweetly, kissed her dad as a form of welcome and respect before walking with her inside their house.

A picture perfect of a happy and contented family.

"Ouch! Ang sakit ng ngipin ko, ate!"
The little girl cried helplessly after eating four pieces of doughnuts in one sitting.

Her ate asked their helper to look for her as she runs to her parents in the garden.

"Hindi ko alam, ma. Akala ko mga kaibigan ko sila. Yun pala mas mahalaga ang pera kesa sa mga pinagsamahan namin. Mas importante pa pala ang reputasyon nila sa mga malalaking taong yon kesa sa pagkakaibigan namin." I heard papa said and there's an obvious tear forming inside his eyes. Mama didn't say a word, she just rub his back trying to calm him down and assures him it will be alright.

That day, I started hating those high class people. We were one of them once. Until my dad's company was bankrupt and they put all the blame and allegations to him. Those people he thought will help us, never did. Dumumi ang pangalan ni papa kaya they never took the risk taking his side kasi baka sila mabahiran din ng dumi.

All our properties were sold just to sustain the spendings we needed during trials para lang mapatunayan na he's innocent. Lahat ng napundar niya, halos doon lang napunta.

He managed having some shares to our business now, yun nalang ang natira.

Sabi nila mama, ako daw ang pinakanahirapan kasi kahit papano nasa tamang pag-iisip na daw ako to feel the transition. But for me, it's my parents who suffered the most. The dream that they build together for how many years, ruined in just a snap.

I blame these people. Baka kung kahit isa man lang sa kanila pinagtanggol siya, baka hindi nagipit ng ganun si papa, hindi sila nahirapan ng ganun. They knew him, alam nila na hindi kayang gawin yun ni papa. Alam nila na kahit siya nawalan, but they chose to play safe.

Anger, bitterness and pain eaten up my system kaya ganun ko nalang sila kamuhian. Namatay si papa na hindi niya man lang nababawi ang kompanyang matagal niyang pinaghirapan at ipinundar.

I took a deep breathe as I feel the cold breeze touching my skin. I closed my eyes, trying feel it more.

"I'm sorry, pa." He often told us before na wag na wag magtatalim ng galit, not to judge others and appreciate the people around us. Pero lahat ng yun di ko nagawa as I stay in this place.

For the past few weeks that I'm friend with Bea, I forgot those stereotypes- against rich people. Even Gizelle, ate Ella, ate Ly and Marge, proved to me that blue-ribbon people who are nice and fun to be with still exists.