Chapter 32: GLITZ AND GLAMOUR

Maddie's POV

You're on a roll as we invite you to a night of glitz and glamour.

Gambling, drinks, dinner, entertainment and more gambling at the Casino Royale.

I raise my right brow at Kianna who just handed me an envelope. Inside is a thick matte black paper with a very familiar design. I never thought Jho's layout will really look good on this classic piece of craft.

She nodded her smiling face at me. "Such a picasso, 'no?" What's with her ploy now?

"Since we were kids." I humbly said while taking my gazes back on the paper. Art will always be for Jho.

"Ikaw, you're good at art din kaya." Wow! Is she being nice to me now? I threw her a look. "ARTe." And she bursts out laughing.

I took the card and my phone on the bedside. "You choke yourself sana." Then I left her there to visit my parents upstairs.

They're now here in Manila for later's event. They checked in the same hotel with us together with other guests.

I swipe the card for their suite and greeted them with a big hug and kisses.

"You look thinner." Dad noticed my built.

"Am I? Baka with this dress lang, dad." I made an alibi. But yes, I think I'm getting thinner coz I've been very busy and stress lately.

"Tapos ka na sa final fitting ng gown mo?" Mom asked me while sorting their clothes. It gives me a chance to have a glimpse on what she'll wear later. A champagne off shoulder  floor length dress with high slit on it. But, the poly georgette cape is really the highlight.

"Wow! Your dress looks great, ah. Sino gumawa?" Times like this is the only chance I got to have a chitchat like this with them.

"Oliver Tolentino." Mom gave a glance of affection at her dress. But it easily shifted. Her eyes narrowed at me. "What about your final fitting, Madeleine?"

I heave a huge sigh to relax myself. "It will be delivered later today, mom." I should avoid the topic if I don't want myself to get in trouble. I was able to do one fitting lang because my schedule was really hectic and it will surely send her horror. Being the stage and perfectionist mom as she is. "By the way, there will be an auction later. I saw some of the jewelry and it was all nice."

I saw how my mom's eyes sparkle. "That's the best thing I've heard from you today. Which country did the jewelry came from?" Eh?

"There are few from Singapore and Australia, but mostly from Europe." Excitement will be an understatement with her look.

"I knew it! You guys will really outdone this party. As expected from you." I felt nervous as she stroke my hair sweetly.

Well, the nine of us are really nervous since day one until now, especially Beadel. As what my mom said, they are expecting a lot from us.

"Who made the auction possible, sweetie?" Dad asked me. Having auction for Quiceñera is new. Yun ang isang pasabog namin tonight. After all, big events like this one is a good avenue for fund rising since the association got a lot of charities to be supported.