Chapter 21: MEMORY

1 minute
2 minutes
3 minutes
4 minutes
5 minutes

"Jho." Finally! Jia breaks the silence.

Six pairs of eyes are looking at me intently and we should take note that they are all psych students. Define awkward, it's Jhoana.

Jia looked at Gizelle and Kim as if asking for a signal. Then the two gals nodded. "She's at Fairmont. They are preparing for the Quinceñera." Jia explains.

"Quinceñera?" What was that? Another socials for the rich people?

"It's an event whereas the 15 to 18 year old daughters of the top business tycoons will be introduced to the public. You know, to attract some potential bachelors for their company to merge and become more powerful."

Bea's 19 already. She should not be there if that's the case.

"It will be held every after 3 years. 3 representatives each from Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao will be needed for the preparations. The board will be assigning different families as sponsors and their first born, who's not yet married and already experience Quinceñera will be the one's in-charge." As usual just like what they usually do, answering what's inside my mind.

I nodded to what Kim said. So I guess it's safe to assume that Bea's family are part of those.

"If my memory is right, from Luzon it's the De Leon, Dy and the Morado. For the Visayas naman are the Tan, Sarmiento, and Fuentes and for Mindanao area are the Ty, Tang and Madayag."

"Yeah, BT's there. She's complaining about the tasks actually. It's too demanding daw." Gizelle confirms what Jia said.

"That's the reason why we went home early. The boards are rushing us to go back and help. We're not even done there yet." Jia frowns.

Pero bakit nandito si Jia? She should be there. "Why are you here then?"

"Jho, I have a sister remember?" Yeah, pero Bea has a brother. "Quinceñera is exclusive for girls, Jhoana. Don't make face like that. Bea doesn't have a sister."

I really wonder if I am that easy to read. It's been awhile since we last talked, but they never failed reading me.

"Kim, di ba your family was a sponsor during our time? How was it daw?" Gi asked Kim, who's busy eating her choco mousse.

"We're pretty chill lang that time. We just sent helpers and money. Mom's assistants did well naman. Manang and I were both not qualified yet, eh."

"Swerte." Gi and Jia said in unison.

"I went there actually. Bei's whimpering because she's hella busy for her mom's birthday then she should be there too. She wanna divide her body na daw." Jia said with a chuckle.

Kawawa naman pala si Beatriz kung ganon. I wonder why hindi nalang din sila magrequired ng tao like what Kim's family did.

Kim and Gizelle both shook their head, but the latter is smirking, a bitter one. "She should say no to responsibilities kasi sometimes. She's no superhero to multitask."

"Gi, you know the tradition." Jia ripostes.

"Yeah but... you know just let her kuya do the remaining errands for tita's birthday. She helped a lot naman na."