Chapter 40: THAT NIGHT

JHOANA'S POV

"Jho." I looked at Maddie. We're here at Ally's all day breakfast. "You wanna talk about what happened that night?"

That night. It was magical. Nothing special happened, but it was a pure bliss. That's what I thought.

Kim held my hand. The way she touch me is too soft. I'm like a box full of breakable glasses inside. Which is true.

I took a deep breathe. Maybe this is what I need. After a long time, someone wants to listen.

I nodded. "We're at Salvatore Cuomo & Bar. Sabi niya babawi daw siya since ang tagal niyang missing in action. She have something to tell me din daw kaya pumayag ako. Hindi naman bago sa kanya ang fine dining pero the way she act that night, parang may iba."

As I walked down to my own memory lane, tears started streaming.

"Bakit dito? Ang generous mo naman ata tonight." Natawa siya with my remark.

"Why? Am I not generous enough to you?" Inalalayan niya ako going inside.

"Di, ah. Sobra sobra pa nga. Kaya lang, di ba, mas prefer mo magbuffet para 'sulit pera'." I used my fingers to qoute the last two words.

For the second time, tinawanan niya ako. "You're worth every penny, Jho."

I stood frozen with her words. Alam ko namang she's sweet, but her words tonight are even sweeter. The way she said it, it's not the typical banat. Actually, kanina on our way, she's not even talking to me. Tapos ngayon ganyan siya. 

She didn't let someone assist me, she do that instead.

"Have a seat, signora." She said it with her sweetest smile.

"So, how's your day going?" I asked as she sits beside me.

"Okay naman kanina pero mas okay ngayon." My cheeks hit up. I don't know how it's possible since it's pretty cold here inside. I simply nodded. "Hindi mo ba ako tatanungin why?"

My brow raised automatically. Bakit hindi niya nalang sabihin? "Why?"

She bit her lower lip that it has to be so sexy. I manage to look away. I know myself that it will be so dangerous if it's still on my sight couple of seconds more.

"Because of the gorgeous sitting next to me." The sting on my cheeks become more obvious, I'm afraid if she notice and it will scare her away. "Yun, oh. Ganda, 'no?" She pouted, pointing the slender girl wearing tube dress on the next table.

"Ah, maganda?" I absentmindedly asked.

"Yup!"