Chapter 33: QUINCEÑERA

Ella's POV

We decided to sit together when Therese get through the venue while Kim Dy and Maddie made their way to the committee's table.

This is a perfect opportunity for us to catch up since I think I'm missing a lot about them.

People in the grand ballroom all raised when the boards, which includes Maddie's, Bea's and Gizelle's dad, made their grand entrance. We all clapped our hands as a sign of respect.

The chairman of the board stands up on the podium for his opening remarks. As he declared the event open he also announces the debutantes and their escorts. Of course, hindi mawawala ang titles and connections ng kanya-kanyang pamilya.

The bell rings as a sign that the debutantes are ready. They walked gracefully with their partners at patago akong natawa when I saw Ponggay's face- a smile is forcefully plastered. I remember, ganyang-ganyan din ako noon. I really don't like formalities like this one.

They are all wearing their best dresses from big time fashion designers. Pitoy Moreno, Rajo Laurel, Sarah Burton, Joseph Altuzarra, Jennifer Meyer, etc., name it.

"Where's Jia?" Mae asked. Finally! Someone noticed that she's not with us. Ano ba tong mga taong to, kanina pa yun nawawala, ngayon lang napansin.

"Maybe with Bea." I used maybe, but I'm hundred percent sure that she's with her. Whoever's claiming that she's the best best friend in the world, mahiya kayo kay Julia Melissa.

I saw how she panicked when she heard Bea is not yet prepared at bigla nalang umalis ng walang paalam.

Even with the preparation, she's not part of the committee pero effort pa rin ang lola niyo sa pagtulong. Her excuse? Her family is part of the representatives. Pero who is she kidding? Halata namang she's worried for Bea.

The cotillon started pero wala pa rin si Jia at Bea. Bea should really know how to deal with pressure. She often forget herself if there's a lot of expectations on her shoulder.

I can feel my phone vibrating inside my pouch. I checked it just to see Bea Tan's calling. "Ella, wala pa rin ba si Bea? They will call us in few seconds time. She should be here already."

"Wala pa nga, eh. Even Jia. Tawagan mo kaya." Isa rin to, eh. Mukhang nagpapanic na rin. Everybody knows Bea Tan as bold and confident, but she's somewhat losing those now. No one will really take Quinceñera for granted.

"I did! Jia's not answering. Bea's line is busy... Shit!" She curses as we heard the hosts called Maddie para ipakilala samin ang committees.

"We both know Maddie. She'll find ways for Bea. Relax!" She ended the call when Maddie started talking.

Napangiti ulit ako when I noticed na pinapahaba ni Maddie ang speech niya and she's lowley signaling Kianna something. I know they are doing something para makaabot si Beatriz.

Bea is very lucky to be surrounded by these people, who care for her the most.

"Okay, so here we go. Let's start with the secretariat committee. If it's not with them, this event will never happen. They are the people behind all of these. From doing the paperworks, the minutes, and even budgeting........" Good thing Maddie is a genius for not starting it with the overall head.

She continue calling the committees.

She's on to the second to the last commitee when Bea and Jia popped up.

All of us felt relief when we saw Beadel wearing a white tube paris chiffon dress by Michael Cinco. The gold exquisite details made her like a fancy young lady from a royal family. Her long legs were emphasized since it's above the knee ball dress.